A Little Christmas Cheer

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
GeorgeScott
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:37 pm

I didn't even know this had happened until I read about it on Facebook but I thought I'd share with everyone. It's a bit of a feel good story about Senior Hockey as we head into the Christmas Season.

Dannielle Holloway's Grade 3 class in GFW

"This happened in my classroom today! Each student was given two tickets to the Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts game on Sunday as a thank you for their kind acts. What you may not realize is that when you're in Grade 3 tickets to the Cataracts are comparable to tickets to see the worlds most famous band! The students screamed and some even cried! For some they have never had the opportunity to attend a game and they cannot believe they finally get to go! On behalf of all my extremely excited students I want to say a giant thank you to the Cataracts organization for their generosity and kindness! You've allowed Christmas to come early in my classroom."

geoguy

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:42 pm

GeorgeScott wrote:I didn't even know this had happened until I read about it on Facebook but I thought I'd share with everyone. It's a bit of a feel good story about Senior Hockey as we head into the Christmas Season.

"This happened in my classroom today! Each student was given two tickets to the Grand Falls-Windsor Cataracts game on Sunday as a thank you for their kind acts. What you may not realize is that when you're in Grade 3 tickets to the Cataracts are comparable to tickets to see the worlds most famous band! The students screamed and some even cried! For some they have never had the opportunity to attend a game and they cannot believe they finally get to go! On behalf of all my extremely excited students I want to say a giant thank you to the Cataracts organization for their generosity and kindness! You've allowed Christmas to come early in my classroom."
From what I read this group of youngsters were deserving of an act of kindness towards them as they have been collectively doing good deeds throughout the last year. Great news story.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

RKP49

Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:34 pm

And that my friends is the difference between the East league and the West, Working hard (marketing) to put a competitive team on the ice instead of simply getting a free berth to the HERDER simply because you are a recreation team from the Avalon. Maybe HNL could learn something about hockey in small town Newfoundland from this post. Great job guys.

superfan

Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:44 pm

Merry Christmas George and ROBERT ,you guys are a class act

Ziggy

Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:43 am

RKP49 wrote:And that my friends is the difference between the East league and the West, Working hard (marketing) to put a competitive team on the ice instead of simply getting a free berth to the HERDER simply because you are a recreation team from the Avalon. Maybe HNL could learn something about hockey in small town Newfoundland from this post. Great job guys.
Here's a good-news story that George took the time to share with us on this forum and what do you do.......use it to take a swipe at the AESHL. For God's sake man, give it a rest, we get it, you don't like the east league but what does it have to do with this story?

Sam Boney

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:18 am

GeorgeScott wrote:I didn't even know this had happened until I read about it on Facebook but I thought I'd share with everyone. It's a bit of a feel good story about Senior Hockey as we head into the Christmas Season.

Great story George. Thanks for sharing.

RKP49

Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 am

Hay Ziggy. Touched a nerve did we. It's about marketing, fundraising and everything about hockey in small town Newfoundland. I'm trying to get someone off their arse out east to do the same so we can have a true provincial league. Give it a rest. Not likely. I'm not driving to Southern Shore to watch a hockey game.

Merry Christmas my Friend.

• Information