Bryan Gillis - Top Goalie award ??

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
The Bottom Line
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:57 am

Many speculated that Brian Gillis would not measure up, but the stat's show that he's clearly the leagues top goalie and clearly the man to lead the Cats to compete for the Allan Cup. Not to mention that he scored the first goal of the season this year !! Honorable mention also to Jason Stone. Although he only played 4 games, he won 3 and lost one in a shootout, but he did post the leagues best GAA and SVPCT. Can't ask for a better effort or results from a backup tender. Hands down, the best 1-2 combination in the league between the pipes. Between them both, only 2 regulation time losses in 18 games. Congrats to both on a solid year !!!

Gillis - (10W - 2 L) GAA: 2.625........SVPCT .924
Churchil - (5W - 6L) GAA: 3.535.....SVPCT .905
Stone - (3W- 0L) GAA 2.090..........SVPCT .953

canonball

Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:54 pm

Your goalie is only as good as your defence most of the time .also your defence is not only the two players on the back end

jimmyjoe

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:07 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:Many speculated that Brian Gillis would not measure up, but the stat's show that he's clearly the leagues top goalie and clearly the man to lead the Cats to compete for the Allan Cup. Not to mention that he scored the first goal of the season this year !! Honorable mention also to Jason Stone. Although he only played 4 games, he won 3 and lost one in a shootout, but he did post the leagues best GAA and SVPCT. Can't ask for a better effort or results from a backup tender. Hands down, the best 1-2 combination in the league between the pipes. Between them both, only 2 regulation time losses in 18 games. Congrats to both on a solid year !!!

Bottom line, even though I'm a Cats fan, I have to say you truly have a hate for Clarenville. Everything you say reflects that. Eg: in this post you only compare Churchill to the other 2, what about Whiffen, Manuel and Chevrie. Nobody likes to see the Cats beat the Bous more than I do, but I still respect the Bous team and executive that help keep providing us with top notch entertainment. Look back over your posts and you will see what I'm saying is true.

The Bottom Line

Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:12 pm

jimmyjoe wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:Many speculated that Brian Gillis would not measure up, but the stat's show that he's clearly the leagues top goalie and clearly the man to lead the Cats to compete for the Allan Cup. Not to mention that he scored the first goal of the season this year !! Honorable mention also to Jason Stone. Although he only played 4 games, he won 3 and lost one in a shootout, but he did post the leagues best GAA and SVPCT. Can't ask for a better effort or results from a backup tender. Hands down, the best 1-2 combination in the league between the pipes. Between them both, only 2 regulation time losses in 18 games. Congrats to both on a solid year !!!

Bottom line, even though I'm a Cats fan, I have to say you truly have a hate for Clarenville. Everything you say reflects that. Eg: in this post you only compare Churchill to the other 2, what about Whiffen, Manuel and Chevrie. Nobody likes to see the Cats beat the Bous more than I do, but I still respect the Bous team and executive that help keep providing us with top notch entertainment. Look back over your posts and you will see what I'm saying is true.

Sorry, you're wrong. I've stated here many times that the bous are a classy organization that I do respect. Of the 3 starters in the league, Gillis and Church are the 2 top. As for Stone, I added his stats as they are worth mentioning. Actually, have a look on the leagues website, under goalies and see who the top 3 really are. :roll:

superfan

Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:24 pm

good goalie :ymapplause: .

#1BousFan

Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 am

No questions asked, Gillis is the top goalie & will win this award
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

superfan

Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:20 pm

All Rise ?

The Bottom Line

Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:47 am

Best Goalie on the rock.....hands down. Played great again last night, made several wicked saves. Shutout after a month off! Congrats Gillis, well deserved!! :ymapplause:

timbits

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:15 am

He put on an amazing show last night, and he knew he was on his game too, he showed the swagger with his big glove saves, awesome!!

geoguy

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:32 am

timbits wrote:He put on an amazing show last night, and he knew he was on his game too, he showed the swagger with his big glove saves, awesome!!
Gillis holding down the fort for the first 6 minutes of the second period was difference maker in last nights game in my opinion. I thought over all the bous out chanced the cats but the play of the leagues top tender made the difference. Certainly can't take anything away from church's performance last night either as the cats could of tacked on a couple more had it not been for his play.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

• Information