East vs west

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
RKP49
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 am

Hay 4th Liner...Why are you so aggressive? We are only trying to talk hockey. I'm not 100 either but I do know my hockey. My guess you are so aggressive because you always think you are right. Show me your game plan for a true provincial league. My guess is you don't have one. Calm down.

geoela

Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:57 am

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Wayner wrote:
123 wrote:About 20 I'd say and trust me the AESHL isn't shutting down for anyone. Oh, 20 is more than 14. Forgot I need to keep it simple for you.
St. John's? Senior Hockey? Enlighten us. Also, St. John's has 15 times the population as GFW so I consider GFW to be a better senior hockey history.
Whether you want to admit it or not St. John's had a long and storied history in senior hockey. Memorial Stadium was blocked in the good ole days of the provincial league. There was a time senior hockey was a hot ticket here in town but then the AHL came and once it leaves after this season I doubt some people will go from watching professionals to amateurs playing senior hockey every weekend. That's their choice, personally I love senior hockey. I think a provincial senior league is possible with the right teams and people on board, good corporate sponsorship, frugal financial management and support from HNL.

Good post. I agree. And the storied history of St. John's senior and the history of all senior hockey in NL had a major influence by the imports that are so much in question. Things have changed everywhere BIGTIME and we have to change the way things are done now as well. Hopefully it will all work out.

4thLiner

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:32 pm

RKP49 wrote:Hay 4th Liner...Why are you so aggressive? We are only trying to talk hockey. I'm not 100 either but I do know my hockey. My guess you are so aggressive because you always think you are right. Show me your game plan for a true provincial league. My guess is you don't have one. Calm down.
Aggressive? Hilarious, I actually find it comical, the opinions of some on here, but at the end of the day, they're opinions. I never proposed a game plan, nor do I wish to. I'm not right about everything, but I am right in saying; we do not need imports! I pointed out a problem, which will be the demise of the league, and all you can come back with is Townie this, townie that. West > East....garbage. That's the mindset that ran your league into the ground in the first place. You're not talking "hockey", you're talking "Central League Hockey", which is a small part of a bigger picture. Get over yourselves, and have a look at what's actually happening..

RKP49

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:37 pm

You are correct. You are NOT right about everything. Your being aggressive is NOT hilarious. You simply don't understand the context about hockey outside of St. John's. You don't respect others opinions and you get testy. I don't know why. That is why every poster on here is taking shots at you. Sorry.

4thLiner

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Testy? I haven't seen any shots my way yet. All I've seen is piss poor rebuttals to a valid argument. Seems like you my friend, know it all! Can you, not just for my benefit, but everyone on here who cares, explain the "context of hockey outside of St. John's"? I'm really interested to hear it.

Again, hilarious, like beating a dead horse man. Enjoy your last few games...your blindfold will come off next season.

4thLiner

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:16 pm

RKP49 wrote:You are correct. You are NOT right about everything. Your being aggressive is NOT hilarious. You simply don't understand the context about hockey outside of St. John's. You don't respect others opinions and you get testy. I don't know why. That is why every poster on here is taking shots at you. Sorry.
Anyways, last post. You have no idea what I understand or what I do not understand. I've been involved in sports here in this province in for the last 25 years. I've played hockey my whole life. In fact, I've played sports at the highest level, represented my Country several times. I know how it works. I look forward to watching my kids play here in the Senior league one days, my worry is that there may not be a league around, but looking back at some of your responses, you could care less, especially if they are townies. You're a bayman, I get it, so is my mother, your a proud hockey fan, I get it, so am I. You think you have a brilliant thing going on out there, I do no get it. You don't think the CeeBees are entitled to play for the Herder, I do not get it. Who's the lost puppy here?

Lastly, I'd still like to see "The context of hockey outside of St. John's please".

Here's to a great weekend of hockey, and hopefully the Caribous can win because apparently the CeeBees shouldn't really be allowed to play.

Zekie

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:18 pm

In my opinion, the fact that there has been Senior "A" hockey outside of St Johns for the past number of years is pretty incredible given the demographics of our province, the disposition of HNL towards anything West of the overpass, & lack of capable HNL sanctioned officials.

Senior hockey fans Clarenville & West haven been treated to some of the best Senior Hockey in Canada, let alone the province. Obviously business models & paradigms have to constantly evolve. I'd like to think that should the CWSHL collapse as some are hoping that another avenue will open for those looking for a competitive game of hockey. It may very well be the CNSHL. I've been watching this league for the past couple of years and without a doubt if either of those teams were allowed to pick up 6 strengthening players they'd give the East Champions a run for their money.

My hat is off to all the players, staff, & volunteers that brought us the great hockey we've been treated to here in the West for the past number of years.

You folks in the East have a good thing going, you should appreciate what you have and be thankful for it. Enough with all the $ick measuring.

Flyer24

Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:00 pm

Well said Zekie. You'd really have to watch a few games in both leagues over the winter to see the difference. Mix a mix of locals, imports, and players from the Avalon, fans in Gander/GFW/Clarenville have been watching the best hockey seen in NL for the last 20 years.

superfan

Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:51 pm

4thLiner wrote:The topic is about the state of Today's game. The past is the past, whatever happened rightly or wrongly, it's time to take a look at the state of today's game. Do you think it's in good shape, do you think nothing should be done? Get off your high horse with this west vs east bull**** and look at the big picture. I never once said the east had all the answers either. STAY TUNED..?.?..what in the hell is that even?

He will be back .

.... STAY TUNED

RKP49

Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:17 pm

If you played hockey at the highest levels 4th Liner you must have played for Turkey. Go back over the various threads on here to get "context outside the Avalon". When you explain your game plan to promote senior hockey in the province then perhaps bloggers can engage you in meaningful conversation. You're still a child in some of your posts here. Go away and play with your kids.

• Information