Herder Final Game 3 Ceebees@Bous

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
geoela
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 pm

123's unbelievable lack of knowledge of NL senior hockey and the history of the Herder playoff is a little sad really. I wish he/she would take some time to learn more about it before posting his/her ignorant comments on here. The number of import names on Herder winners is incredible. They, along with the many local NL players, have provided some unforgettable hockey and hockey memories over several decades. These memories will last forever. I would invite Mr/Mrs 123 to take a trip to Buchan's and visit with Hugh Wadden, an import from NS from the 1950's, who worked in NL, played hockey in Buchan's, married in Buchan's, and chose to stay and live in Buchan's, NL for the rest of his life. I am 100% sure that a visit with Mr. Wadden would give 123 a whole new view and attitude about senior hockey in NL. BTW, several other import hockey players chose to stay here in NL as well. But I won't put too much on 123 at one time.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:50 pm

Never once have I complained about imports. Won't find it. Go and look and waste your Saturday. What I've said time and time again is spend within your means. Have a budget and stick with it. Corner Brook failed. Clarenville lucky to get off the ground and Gander essentially forced 25% of the season to be cancelled.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:54 pm

For that matter I didn't mind the 6 import rule that Stuper and others were talking about.

Ivan

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:21 pm

123 wrote:Congrats to the Bous tonight. Let's end this series tomorrow and then put up the Going out of business signs. Let's not drag this out.
123 I often came on here and gave updates but no more. Too many facts get twisted and turned. I support not only the Caribous, but Sports in General. I want to tell you and everyone else on here "No Going out of Business Signs Going up Here until I've explored every Opportunity there is to keep the team on ice. I don't understand how you can call yourself a fan of the game and then wish it nothing but Hardship. Unbelievable is all I can say.

superfan

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Ivan wrote:
123 wrote:Congrats to the Bous tonight. Let's end this series tomorrow and then put up the Going out of business signs. Let's not drag this out.
123 I often came on here and gave updates but no more. Too many facts get twisted and turned. I support not only the Caribous, but Sports in General. I want to tell you and everyone else on here "No Going out of Business Signs Going up Here until I've explored every Opportunity there is to keep the team on ice. I don't understand how you can call yourself a fan of the game and then wish it nothing but Hardship. Unbelievable is all I can say.

Don't mind Tanker Ivan, the score board and the twine, will be our bulls eye tonight .
Last edited by superfan on Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Ivan wrote:
In all honesty I believe the CWSHL will be back next season, perhaps with a slightly different model though. Reason: hardworking people like yourself.

geoela

Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:57 pm

Ivan, you are all class. It is because of people like yourself and other classy, hard working individuals from the other organizations in the CWSHL that the league WILL survive. Good luck tonight. I'll be cheering you on, and cheering on the CWSHL for another return next year and for many years to come. It's much more of a challenge to keep a league going off the Avalon, but with hard work and dedication, it'll get done.

• Information