Bous vs Ceebees game 4.

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Sniper34
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:24 pm

First goal will be key if the Ceebees can get the first one never know what can happen but if they get down a couple quick ones it will be game over. Thoughts?

Silverhawk

Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:27 pm

I think the caribous have to play a full 60 minutes.. being up 2 or 3 goals and losing it in the 3rd has been something we all know have happened quite a few times. Caribous need to stay focused on the prize.. play their hearts out and stay outta the penalty box.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

superfan

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:18 pm

They have to force turnovers for the whole game, like they did with the Cats .

Face off

Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:54 pm

Well IMHO, the Cats and the CeeBees play 2 different styles of games.

The Cats play similar to the Bous, both Clubs are big on the Long Passes, puck possession is huge with both before setting up the shot in the open lanes, and play 2 way hockey.

The Ceebees have a tendency to come out hard in the 1st period and forecheck and hit when they can and basically throw anything at the net. I do like the idea of more shots from anywhere because you never know when you will get that rebound or bad bounce or deflection off a stick or leg etc. However, when you do it all the time, then it tends to become predictable.

The Bous did the smart thing last night IMHO. In the 2nd they held back on a 2-0 lead and coasted. I DO NOT like the idea of HOLDING back but if you can keep the other team off the clock and save something for the 3rd period like they did last night then obviously it paid off. The Bous had NO CHOICE but to play a HARD in your FACE style against the Cats because all games were usually tied or only a goal difference when the BOUS won.

Love to see the BOUS give a FULL 60 Mins of hard hockey but if they can come out of the 1st up by a couple and keep the Ceebees off the clock in the Second and then Come out hard again in the 3rd, well I have no problem with that in case the CeeBees have this do or die attitude in the 3rd. Plus it is not consistent and confuses the other team when you play Different styles of play in Different periods. However, the BOUS need to hit more when the opportunity presents itself to keep the CeeBees honest.

geoguy

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Face off wrote:Well IMHO, the Cats and the CeeBees play 2 different styles of games.

The Cats play similar to the Bous, both Clubs are big on the Long Passes, puck possession is huge with both before setting up the shot in the open lanes, and play 2 way hockey.

The Ceebees have a tendency to come out hard in the 1st period and forecheck and hit when they can and basically throw anything at the net. I do like the idea of more shots from anywhere because you never know when you will get that rebound or bad bounce or deflection off a stick or leg etc. However, when you do it all the time, then it tends to become predictable.

The Bous did the smart thing last night IMHO. In the 2nd they held back on a 2-0 lead and coasted. I DO NOT like the idea of HOLDING back but if you can keep the other team off the clock and save something for the 3rd period like they did last night then obviously it paid off. The Bous had NO CHOICE but to play a HARD in your FACE style against the Cats because all games were usually tied or only a goal difference when the BOUS won.

Love to see the BOUS give a FULL 60 Mins of hard hockey but if they can come out of the 1st up by a couple and keep the Ceebees off the clock in the Second and then Come out hard again in the 3rd, well I have no problem with that in case the CeeBees have this do or die attitude in the 3rd. Plus it is not consistent and confuses the other team when you play Different styles of play in Different periods. However, the BOUS need to hit more when the opportunity presents itself to keep the CeeBees honest.
Good luck tonight. Win one for your team and our league. Hope to see everyone back next season
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Face off

Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks Geo, Much Appreciated, I certainly hope we do and YES Praying to the Hockey Gods that we see everyone back again next year, Cheers!

HockeyDave

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:31 pm

Do or die for one team and a potential do and die for the other. Should be a good one. Hope it's a better game then last night.

Go CeeBees Go !!!

royalcat

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Is there web cast tonight

Slapshot

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:36 pm

There are issues with the webcast. George just posted he is awaiting word.

royalcat

Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Thanks

• Information