This is foolishness...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
dagooch
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:20 am

the bous had an option to pick up players as well....they could have signed players for the Herder but I guess they thought they would not have made it ......I know the cats had players signed for the Herder and Allan cup....Bragg is one that comes to mind

herderguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:21 am

dagooch wrote:and Clarenville are not a team of all stars???????

Its their team from their league, not a team of players from the CWSHL. how can anyone not see that, there are 6 players that are not on your roster. Maybe clarenville are, but so is Gander and GFW, we cant help that their teams are stronger than the East Teams.

herderguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 am

Put your lineup in from the AESHL finals today and you would see that!!

Brandon Petten
Zack Quinlin
Brad Budden
Rob Taylor

Come on man!!! You have your second highest goal scorer from regular season now down on the 3rd/4th line getting 3 shifts a game, so that tells you there that without pickups what your position is.

madness
Posts: 161
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:58 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:31 am

123 wrote:As many know I'm a huge supporter of the AESHL in this series but this is getting stupid to the point of madness. With the exception of Whiffen doing his part it's the pickups doing the scoring. This is becoming a laughing stock. I call a spade a spade. I was also critical of the three team CWSHL, cancelling 25% of the season and going straight to playoffs, etc. CeeBees are a win away from winning Herder with an AllStar team.
What you talking about me for?

geoela
Posts: 542
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:37 am

dagooch wrote:the bous had an option to pick up players as well....they could have signed players for the Herder but I guess they thought they would not have made it ......I know the cats had players signed for the Herder and Allan cup....Bragg is one that comes to mind

Not accurate.

Also, on a different topic, local players in my book are NL born...not necessarily from the town/city represented. If you had to have a team with all players from a town/city, there would be NO league in the province...we'll maybe a rec league.

herderguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:38 am

geoela wrote:
dagooch wrote:the bous had an option to pick up players as well....they could have signed players for the Herder but I guess they thought they would not have made it ......I know the cats had players signed for the Herder and Allan cup....Bragg is one that comes to mind

Not accurate.

Also, on a different topic, local players in my book are NL born...not necessarily from the town/city represented. If you had to have a team with all players from a town/city, there would be NO league in the province...we'll maybe a rec league.

dagooch is out to lunch on this one, if we had the Eye now it would be a picnic!

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:10 am

Like I have said if you put 6 pickups from any of the teams in the junior league and put them with the winner of that league they would be a contender for any team out east . No doubt in my mind that if the CB's played without the pickups and any team from the west league the cb would not win a game .. What is the point of this ? What are they trying to prove here ?Are they that strung up on having the Herder in the aeshl ? .

herderguy
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:53 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:21 am

canonball wrote:Like I have said if you put 6 pickups from any of the teams in the junior league and put them with the winner of that league they would be a contender for any team out east . No doubt in my mind that if the CB's played without the pickups and any team from the west league the cb would not win a game .. What is the point of this ? What are they trying to prove here ?Are they that strung up on having the Herder in the aeshl ? .

Well generally the way things are in HNL from minor to senior is the fact that executives have people serving their own best interests, therefore, in this case the AESHL can not win a Herder straight up team for team against the CWSHL, and they alter the odds by giving the East team and edge by picking up 6 players from the league. its the same ol show as minor hockey when mommy goes on executive to serve her own best interest, Little Johnny, except here its a bunch of grown men in a pissing match trying to justify the existence of the AESHL, they know they cant compete its Senior B hockey at best!

Sergio
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:50 am

herderguy wrote:
canonball wrote:Like I have said if you put 6 pickups from any of the teams in the junior league and put them with the winner of that league they would be a contender for any team out east . No doubt in my mind that if the CB's played without the pickups and any team from the west league the cb would not win a game .. What is the point of this ? What are they trying to prove here ?Are they that strung up on having the Herder in the aeshl ? .

Well generally the way things are in HNL from minor to senior is the fact that executives have people serving their own best interests, therefore, in this case the AESHL can not win a Herder straight up team for team against the CWSHL, and they alter the odds by giving the East team and edge by picking up 6 players from the league. its the same ol show as minor hockey when mommy goes on executive to serve her own best interest, Little Johnny, except here its a bunch of grown men in a pissing match trying to justify the existence of the AESHL, they know they cant compete its Senior B hockey at best!
Geeze bye's, the series is not even over and some of you Caribou fans are already on here whining. I can only imagine how you'd be reacting if the Ceebees were to win today.

During the Cats series it was the refs who were out to get you. Apparently HNL is out to get you and now the use of pick-ups is designed to take away the Herder that apparent belongs to you for beating the Cats. For God's sake man just try to enjoy the hockey and stop the whining. Don't you realize how silly you sound?

Before the series started people were on here saying that the Herder was a waste of time because the west team would blow out a team made up of beer league players from the east. Well the pick-ups are also beer league players so if your team is as good as you thought it was and the AESHL teams are as bad as you said, the pick-ups really should not make a difference now should it?

I'm a west supporter and I hope the Caribous win but man the childish attitude of some of you guys really makes me worry about your mental health if the Ceebees were to win today. It's a friggin' game folks. Why not try treating it as such?

superfan
Posts: 11295
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:22 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:57 am

I will be the first one to congratulate them, if they win .



.... but Lets Go Bous :ymapplause:

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 10 guests