Herder Final Game 5 Ceebees@Bous

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Sergio
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm

You have to give credit to the Ceebees for pulling out the win. Other than their own fans, not many people gave them much of a chance to win, including myself. I know that once the Caribou fans get home they're probably going to break the internet because of "the goal". It was hard to tell from the webcast and as George said, the ref had the best view and he was pretty adamant that it was a goal so I guess it was a goal.

Congratulations to both teams. You both did senior hockey proud.

NHLfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:59 pm

From watching the webcast, the puck clearly went under the side of the net, about a foot behind the post. Its unfortunate that the referee or linesman did not see it but that happens. I am questioning why the Caribous did not protest the game. I watched as a NL senior hockey fan and I am not a caribous or ceebee supporter, but hockey NL clearly got what they wanted. Congrats to them!

dakota

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:02 pm

NHLfan wrote:From watching the webcast, the puck clearly went under the side of the net, about a foot behind the post. Its unfortunate that the referee or linesman did not see it but that happens. I am questioning why the Caribous did not protest the game. I watched as a NL senior hockey fan and I am not a caribous or ceebee supporter, but hockey NL clearly got what they wanted. Congrats to them!
The puck went dead center through side of the net...happened right in front of us.

dakota

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:03 pm

A kid behind the net has video in his phone...hope it gets posted so everyone can see and hope to never see that ref do another game...he was looking right at it.

Langerfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:06 pm

dakota wrote:
NHLfan wrote:From watching the webcast, the puck clearly went under the side of the net, about a foot behind the post. Its unfortunate that the referee or linesman did not see it but that happens. I am questioning why the Caribous did not protest the game. I watched as a NL senior hockey fan and I am not a caribous or ceebee supporter, but hockey NL clearly got what they wanted. Congrats to them!
The puck went dead center through side of the net...happened right in front of us.
Of course it did. Right in front of you. =)) =)) =))

HockeyFan29

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:07 pm

dakota wrote:
Want some cheese with that?

Imagine that, a Herder being won with not one import on the roster...

As for the goal we're already hearing two different stories on here. Puck went under the net and through the net? Pick one or the other. Which is it bys?

dakota

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:09 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
dakota wrote:

As for the goal we're already hearing two different stories on here. Puck went under the net and through the net? Pick one or the other. Which is it bys?
They had enough help from refs, hnl and the whole east league

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:10 pm

What a great day for the AESHl

NHLfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:10 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
dakota wrote:

Under, Mahoney clearly fit his stick under the base right after the goal.

dakota

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:11 pm

Puck went under the net

• Information