CWSHL Whiners

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Wayner
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:03 pm

The Hawk wrote:I have to post a few comments here regarding some of the WHINERS from the Clarenville and Grand Falls supporters. Ever since the Cee Bees came to compete for the Herder the Central League has done whatever they could to stop the team from being competitive. Now the Central supporters are complaining about an all star team from the East. By adding 6 players to the Cee Bees does not make them an all star team. All along the posters on this site were saying that NO team from the East would compete with any team from Central when it came to the Herder. They referred to the East League as a bunch of beer drinkers and were definitely not in the same class as Clarenville and Grand Falls. Well, its time to wake up posters. The Herder is down to a Game 5 winner take all. Either team can win today and there has to be a loser but whoever the loser is then they can hold their heads high and they have nothing to be ashamed of.
When the Cee Bees competed in the provincial league the teams from the previous West league stipulated that the Cee Bees could only sign two imports while they in turn signed five and six imports. Talk about fairness. Wow. They did everything to stop the Cee Bees from being competitive. But hey the Cee Bees overcame these obstacles and rolled into Clarenville and Grand Falls with just two imports and knocked off the Bous and Cataracts and won the Herder. Now the Bous and Cataract supporters are crying foul again. Let the teams play hockey and accept the terms that have been put in place just like the Cee Bees did a few years ago. In addition if you take the Delaneys and Roach (former Cee Bee players) away from the Bous then they wouldn't even compete in the AESHL. The only reason they are with Clarenville is because they are getting paid. With regard to A. J. Whiffen I would venture to guess that if Grand Falls had him for this year, maybe the Cataracts would still be playing. Best goalie in the province and that includes Churchill.

Go Cee Bees Go.

If the Cee Bees would stay in the league and stop jumping in and out, we may take them serious. As hockey goes in CBN, if it weren't for the Faulkners, you wouldn't be on the map.

Spiff

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:09 pm

And here's a hypothetical scenario: had the Cats not clinched first place so early, and had Gander not asked the league to cancel the last three weekends, and had the Cats not had to wait five weeks to play their first playoff games, and had the Bous not whined about financial issues/travel, in order to rework the finals schedule, the Cats would have not only won the CWHL league series, but would have swept the Cee Bees in 3. Looking at these Herder games on the net, the hockey might look exciting because of the scores, but it's horrible hockey. Now let the venom flow.

NLsupporter

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Use which ever term to label this CeeBee team that you would like, it's all very convenient. When the Caps were being blown out last year the conversation was much more relaxed on the front of making labels, and all seemed quite content with the pick ups. I recall the atmosphere having an air based on the oppinion that any assortment of players from the Avalon East would not compete with a West team in the Herder. That is all fine as well, I enjoy seeing the varied opinions, as far left or right as they may be.

At the end of the day, every player involved in this Herder Final obviously plays a very important role for their team. It's the Ceebees and Caribous in the Herder Final. Throw any label you wish at it, because years down the road,it will be the team that wins that is remembered for their amazing accomplishment in a victory. It will be the Ceebees or the Caribous. Any body who wishes to manufacture a label to discredit the effort of these players in an attempt to take stabs at HNL, your attempts will be forgotten.

Enjoy the game folks, it shall be a historical finish to a tight series.

Congratulations to both teams!

geoguy

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:47 pm

CCFAN-dbs wrote:
The Hawk wrote:I have to post a few comments here regarding some of the WHINERS from the Clarenville and Grand Falls supporters. Ever since the Cee Bees came to compete for the Herder the Central League has done whatever they could to stop the team from being competitive. Now the Central supporters are complaining about an all star team from the East. By adding 6 players to the Cee Bees does not make them an all star team. All along the posters on this site were saying that NO team from the East would compete with any team from Central when it came to the Herder. They referred to the East League as a bunch of beer drinkers and were definitely not in the same class as Clarenville and Grand Falls. Well, its time to wake up posters. The Herder is down to a Game 5 winner take all. Either team can win today and there has to be a loser but whoever the loser is then they can hold their heads high and they have nothing to be ashamed of.
When the Cee Bees competed in the provincial league the teams from the previous West league stipulated that the Cee Bees could only sign two imports while they in turn signed five and six imports. Talk about fairness. Wow. They did everything to stop the Cee Bees from being competitive. But hey the Cee Bees overcame these obstacles and rolled into Clarenville and Grand Falls with just two imports and knocked off the Bous and Cataracts and won the Herder. Now the Bous and Cataract supporters are crying foul again. Let the teams play hockey and accept the terms that have been put in place just like the Cee Bees did a few years ago. In addition if you take the Delaneys and Roach (former Cee Bee players) away from the Bous then they wouldn't even compete in the AESHL. The only reason they are with Clarenville is because they are getting paid. With regard to A. J. Whiffen I would venture to guess that if Grand Falls had him for this year, maybe the Cataracts would still be playing. Best goalie in the province and that includes Churchill.

Go Cee Bees Go.
Really? Clarenville has never had 5 or 6 imports. I'm pretty sure neither has Grand Falls.
And I'm pretty sure your right. I've watched many a cats and bous game and can never recall seeing 5 or 6 imports on the ice the same time. Closest I can ever remember is the corner brook royals when they had a couple of imports deemed non-import and then added an import goalie.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

geoela

Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:56 pm

So people, lots of great points, posts and discussion. Now I'm gone to watch game 5. Here's hoping there are 3 healthy leagues in the province next year!!! Take care all, and to the travellers, be safe going home.

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:53 pm

geoguy wrote:
CCFAN-dbs wrote:

Go Cee Bees Go.
Really? Clarenville has never had 5 or 6 imports. I'm pretty sure neither has Grand Falls.
And I'm pretty sure your right. I've watched many a cats and bous game and can never recall seeing 5 or 6 imports on the ice the same time. Closest I can ever remember is the corner brook royals when they had a couple of imports deemed non-import and then added an import goalie.
3 possibly but no more than that. Yeah, I believe you are right. Corner Brook was the exception.
Go BOUS Go!

Tengo sling

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:55 pm

A "semi pro " team of paid players should be able to beat a team from the aehl with 6 pick ups .
Heart vs $$$

catfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:58 pm

I'm still trying to find out who the whiners are. Can't be very many from GFW. A lot of the whiners on here are from the avalon. Why they are whining , I don't know. I guess they don't have any confidence in their own team.

The Hawk

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:45 pm

canonball wrote:Ask AJ if he is going to the Allan cup this year

No. But he IS going next year. Suck it up guys and jump on the band wagon.

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:48 pm

The Cats wouldn't be going to the Allen Cup neither if AJ never got them there. So quick to forget the goalies who's now won 4 herders in a row.

• Information