CWSHL Whiners

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
The Hawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

I have to post a few comments here regarding some of the WHINERS from the Clarenville and Grand Falls supporters. Ever since the Cee Bees came to compete for the Herder the Central League has done whatever they could to stop the team from being competitive. Now the Central supporters are complaining about an all star team from the East. By adding 6 players to the Cee Bees does not make them an all star team. All along the posters on this site were saying that NO team from the East would compete with any team from Central when it came to the Herder. They referred to the East League as a bunch of beer drinkers and were definitely not in the same class as Clarenville and Grand Falls. Well, its time to wake up posters. The Herder is down to a Game 5 winner take all. Either team can win today and there has to be a loser but whoever the loser is then they can hold their heads high and they have nothing to be ashamed of.
When the Cee Bees competed in the provincial league the teams from the previous West league stipulated that the Cee Bees could only sign two imports while they in turn signed five and six imports. Talk about fairness. Wow. They did everything to stop the Cee Bees from being competitive. But hey the Cee Bees overcame these obstacles and rolled into Clarenville and Grand Falls with just two imports and knocked off the Bous and Cataracts and won the Herder. Now the Bous and Cataract supporters are crying foul again. Let the teams play hockey and accept the terms that have been put in place just like the Cee Bees did a few years ago. In addition if you take the Delaneys and Roach (former Cee Bee players) away from the Bous then they wouldn't even compete in the AESHL. The only reason they are with Clarenville is because they are getting paid. With regard to A. J. Whiffen I would venture to guess that if Grand Falls had him for this year, maybe the Cataracts would still be playing. Best goalie in the province and that includes Churchill.

Go Cee Bees Go.

geoela

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:28 am

The only thing your correct on here is the point about AJ being the best.

superfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:35 am

Congrats on a well deserved win . You guys played a great game last night, and would have no trouble competing, on the national stage .

herderguy

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:36 am

Couple things, Cee Bees had only 2 imports in that league because 1) it was more accessible for players to get there to play. 2) you were all on even ground as the whole league was paid. Also a **** show for payroll, apparently players on Clarenville and others still owed money from that venture, even after the ticket skimming venture in the 2013 Herder, which was why the Bees were not invited back to the Prov. league and the West Teams formed league without them. As for now, anyone that justifies picking up any 6 players from the league to help you win a herder is ludicrous, the herder is a series with the best "team" from each league for hockey supremacy, by picking up 6 players it doesn't deem you the best team in the province. Like I said its a play down of, best team from each league, maybe a new format of West all stars vs East all stars if you want to play league against league for a herder, it would be embarrassing, same as if Cee Bees put their lineup in from regular season.

So in the case of "whiners" as you call us who was doing all the whining when Bees were abolished from prov league and AESHL wouldn't let them in theirs and there was no hockey in Hr. Grace. When we are here actually stating facts as to why the herder is not a play down of two top teams from each league, but an all star team from on league playing the winner of another league, that's not whining but stating the obvious.

Time to stop drinking the fruit punch in Hr Grace guys!
Last edited by herderguy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

geoela

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 am

The AESHL have some of the best players in the province. I have never looked at it as a beer league. It is a great league with great skill, speed, hitting, and overall exciting hockey. The fact that HNL feels that they can't compete with the CWSHL winner is a slap to their league. You have 2 leagues here that operate with their own sets of rules. If they both want to try for the Herder, I feel that the true winner of each league should play off with each other. No slight here to either league and certainly no slight here to any players.

The only problem here is HNL in general, and the ridiculous relationship between them (HNL) and the "directors" of the AESHL.

The Hawk

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am

But I guess it wasn't ludicrous for Clarenville to pick up additional players when they went to compete for and won the Allan Cup. Get your facts straight there guy. But then again it doesn't make any difference when it comes to Clarenville. Never did never will.

superfan

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 am

Cee Bees sure proved their self last night .

chesterfriedchicken

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:44 am

Hit the nail on the head Hawk, most posters on here call it a Rec league. Well I guess if you are right, then a rec team just took two games off the best team in your Titanic league and have a chance to win the herder today.

Let the excuses and whining begin.

geoguy

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:47 am

The Hawk wrote:I have to post a few comments here regarding some of the WHINERS from the Clarenville and Grand Falls supporters. Ever since the Cee Bees came to compete for the Herder the Central League has done whatever they could to stop the team from being competitive. Now the Central supporters are complaining about an all star team from the East. By adding 6 players to the Cee Bees does not make them an all star team. All along the posters on this site were saying that NO team from the East would compete with any team from Central when it came to the Herder. They referred to the East League as a bunch of beer drinkers and were definitely not in the same class as Clarenville and Grand Falls. Well, its time to wake up posters. The Herder is down to a Game 5 winner take all. Either team can win today and there has to be a loser but whoever the loser is then they can hold their heads high and they have nothing to be ashamed of.
When the Cee Bees competed in the provincial league the teams from the previous West league stipulated that the Cee Bees could only sign two imports while they in turn signed five and six imports. Talk about fairness. Wow. They did everything to stop the Cee Bees from being competitive. But hey the Cee Bees overcame these obstacles and rolled into Clarenville and Grand Falls with just two imports and knocked off the Bous and Cataracts and won the Herder. Now the Bous and Cataract supporters are crying foul again. Let the teams play hockey and accept the terms that have been put in place just like the Cee Bees did a few years ago. In addition if you take the Delaneys and Roach (former Cee Bee players) away from the Bous then they wouldn't even compete in the AESHL. The only reason they are with Clarenville is because they are getting paid. With regard to A. J. Whiffen I would venture to guess that if Grand Falls had him for this year, maybe the Cataracts would still be playing. Best goalie in the province and that includes Churchill.

Go Cee Bees Go.
I personally can't remember having 5 or 6 imports at one time on the team I supported for the last decade or more. I'd be interested if you could name the 5 or 6 imports that the cats and bous had signed when the ceebees won the herder.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

geoela

Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:51 am

For what it's worth, I have watched many of the AESHL players grow up from Atom to Senior. I've had close ties to the Harbour Grace area with hockey over the years. I have nothing but respect for all of the players and parents (who I drank lots of beer with) in Harbour Grace and the Avalon area. This is just about things being done right.

And, comparing the the Allen Cup (joke of a tournament) to the Herder is just too stupid to talk about. Totally different rules.
Last edited by geoela on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Information