Tainted Herder

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
chesterfriedchicken
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:03 am

canonball wrote:.

One thing that we have to get right here ,that is it was not the CB stars that played for the Herder ,it was in true fact a team made up of cbplayers and 6 of the top players from their league which I call a variety pack . Yes we seen some great hockey but that was it .how can anyone say that the variety pack won the Herder when in no way was there a winning goal scored .The player who made the play when the puck went under the net must be proud of what he done ,you sir are a real sports man ,very proud of you but glad you are not on my team .Variety pack you guys gave us some great hockey ?

Herder champs, best team in the province. there is now a variety pack of teams looking up to them with a trophy over their heads. LOL, a bunch of "Rec Leaguers", Says a lot for the Titanic League. Team full of local players that couldn't make a team in the Central Whinery Senior Hockey League. They didn't pick up the best 6 players, they picked what they needed to fill gaps they needed. Last year the caps picked up players and it was fine. This year, not fine.

What you don't see is a variety pack of CWSHL executive members voted to allow the winner of the AESHL league pickups. They didn't fly anyone in either. Used local Newfoundland born players. Best team in the province

The Hawk

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Hey Cannonballs. What time is the Variety Pack (Grand Falls and Clarenville players) leaving for the Allan Cup. Suck it up. Beaten by a group of beer drinkers and rec hockey players, as you would call them. Don't worry about Whiffen going with you guys. He wouldn't lower himself to that level. Best goalie in the province and he proved it again this year.

dakota

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:38 pm

The Hawk wrote:Hey Cannonballs. What time is the Variety Pack (Grand Falls and Clarenville players) leaving for the Allan Cup. Suck it up. Beaten by a group of beer drinkers and rec hockey players, as you would call them. Don't worry about Whiffen going with you guys. He wouldn't lower himself to that level. Best goalie in the province and he proved it again this year.
But they didn't win...lol

stoller99

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

dakota wrote:
The Hawk wrote:Hey Cannonballs. What time is the Variety Pack (Grand Falls and Clarenville players) leaving for the Allan Cup. Suck it up. Beaten by a group of beer drinkers and rec hockey players, as you would call them. Don't worry about Whiffen going with you guys. He wouldn't lower himself to that level. Best goalie in the province and he proved it again this year.
I guess this means the Cataracts will still be defending herder champs next year.

geoela

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:51 pm

In all honesty, although the CeeBees were being dominated for the vast majority of play, I had them as having a great chance of winning just by how they were playing, and of course with AJ.

However, the way they are claiming victory here is embarrassing. There is absolutely no honor, integrity, or joy that goes with this ending. It is an embarrassment to hockey in NL, the AESHL, and to the CeeBees fans, players, and executive. I was enjoying the game so much that I really didn't care who won. And as it goes...
there was no winner.

Fix it. Either call it a tie and replay the entire game, call it a draw and 2 teams share the Herder, or call it a year with no winner of the Herder...because as of right now, there is still no winner.

ryderhabs

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:59 pm

stoller99 wrote:
dakota wrote:
I guess this means the Cataracts will still be defending herder champs next year.
IMO they are...never had a winner this year

Slapshot

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't know about you but I saw a Caribous team finish game five and then shake hands with the Ceebees. The Herder Trophy was then awarded to the Ceebees who celebrated on the ice. Seems to me there is a winner and the season is over. The players accepted the loss so you should also.

ryderhabs

Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 pm

geoela wrote:In all honesty, although the CeeBees were being dominated for the vast majority of play, I had them as having a great chance of winning just by how they were playing, and of course with AJ.

However, the way they are claiming victory here is embarrassing. There is absolutely no honor, integrity, or joy that goes with this ending. It is an embarrassment to hockey in NL, the AESHL, and to the CeeBees fans, players, and executive. I was enjoying the game so much that I really didn't care who won. And as it goes...
there was no winner.

Fix it. Either call it a tie and replay the entire game, call it a draw and 2 teams share the Herder, or call it a year with no winner of the Herder...because as of right now, there is still no winner.
I agree

FlyersFan2012

Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:51 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
canonball wrote:.

One thing that we have to get right here ,that is it was not the CB stars that played for the Herder ,it was in true fact a team made up of cbplayers and 6 of the top players from their league which I call a variety pack . Yes we seen some great hockey but that was it .how can anyone say that the variety pack won the Herder when in no way was there a winning goal scored .The player who made the play when the puck went under the net must be proud of what he done ,you sir are a real sports man ,very proud of you but glad you are not on my team .Variety pack you guys gave us some great hockey ?

Herder champs, best team in the province. there is now a variety pack of teams looking up to them with a trophy over their heads. LOL, a bunch of "Rec Leaguers", Says a lot for the Titanic League. Team full of local players that couldn't make a team in the Central Whinery Senior Hockey League. They didn't pick up the best 6 players, they picked what they needed to fill gaps they needed. Last year the caps picked up players and it was fine. This year, not fine.

What you don't see is a variety pack of CWSHL executive members voted to allow the winner of the AESHL league pickups. They didn't fly anyone in either. Used local Newfoundland born players. Best team in the province
"Best team in the province"?? Didn't know scoring on the side of the net and celebrating it made you the best team in the province?? Lolol
Flyers Fan Since 2012

superfan

Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Both teams put on an award winning series :ymapplause;

• Information