Cats Allan Cup Roster

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:56 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:Well, well, well. Clarenville whiners and Grand Falls whiners, talk about an AESHL variety pack. The Allan Cup roster seems like a Snack Pack with extra fries. Geez boys don't you think you are going overboard trying to win an Allan Cup. And no Cee Bee players. You are not going to win if you don't have Cee Bee players. Remember the last time Clarenville had Cee Bee players. They won the Allan Cup. So don't mock the Cee Bees with comments about a variety pack when you have the "extra special" with all the trimmings. Still won't win you the Allan Cup. You don't have the best goalie on your roster who is A. J. Whiffen - Provincial MVP, top goaltender, Playoff MVP, and four time consecutive Herder champion. What a resume.

The reason the Caribous won in 2011 was because of heart and soul guys like Travis Chapman, Matthew Thomey, Dale Sullivan, Dustin Russell, Ryan Delaney, Brad Crann all being dialled in and on the same page to win a National Championship. We haven't seen that with a Newfoundland Team since then and we definitely don't have it with this current Allan Cup team. It's just a collection of high priced talent who probably won't be able to develop any chemistry.
What a shock to see you chime in with your predictable, negative, smarmy remark. Same as every post you make. Like a broken record. It's getting old. Not a clue. Guess it makes you feel good though, like a schoolyard bully.

HockeyFan29

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:31 am

Seniorfan wrote:
HockeyFan29 wrote:
The Hawk wrote:Well, well, well. Clarenville whiners and Grand Falls whiners, talk about an AESHL variety pack. The Allan Cup roster seems like a Snack Pack with extra fries. Geez boys don't you think you are going overboard trying to win an Allan Cup. And no Cee Bee players. You are not going to win if you don't have Cee Bee players. Remember the last time Clarenville had Cee Bee players. They won the Allan Cup. So don't mock the Cee Bees with comments about a variety pack when you have the "extra special" with all the trimmings. Still won't win you the Allan Cup. You don't have the best goalie on your roster who is A. J. Whiffen - Provincial MVP, top goaltender, Playoff MVP, and four time consecutive Herder champion. What a resume.

The reason the Caribous won in 2011 was because of heart and soul guys like Travis Chapman, Matthew Thomey, Dale Sullivan, Dustin Russell, Ryan Delaney, Brad Crann all being dialled in and on the same page to win a National Championship. We haven't seen that with a Newfoundland Team since then and we definitely don't have it with this current Allan Cup team. It's just a collection of high priced talent who probably won't be able to develop any chemistry.
What a shock to see you chime in with your predictable, negative, smarmy remark. Same as every post you make. Like a broken record. It's getting old. Not a clue. Guess it makes you feel good though, like a schoolyard bully.
Take it how you will. I speak the truth and if you don't like it, tough luck bud because I'm not going to stop and this team isn't going to win any Allan Cups.

Tomcod

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:39 am

Just saw the infamous goal or should I say non goal on TSN , what a joke .. Ken Reed got a kick out of it ..stay tuned..

Seniorfan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:28 am

Hockeyfan29...clearly you don't even understand the difference between "the truth" and your silly unfounded opinions and mindless predictions that any idiot can make. I'm not surprised though. I certainly wouldn't expect you to stop posting your garbage. That's obviously not in your character or should I say, lack thereof. With each post you just expose more and more the type of person you are. So please continue if it makes you feel like a big boy.

canonball

Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:50 am

seadog39 wrote:Can someone explain how this works for the Allan Cup? Been away from Newfoundland senior hockey for a while and I'm just wondering how the "pick ups" are determined?

Example - did Matt Stefanishion play in Newfoundland this season? Can't find him on any roster...

Also Matt Bragg,and Tyler Sloan ..a big name that is not there this year but would have been great to see ,.. Yetman

geoguy

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:00 am

canonball wrote:
seadog39 wrote:Can someone explain how this works for the Allan Cup? Been away from Newfoundland senior hockey for a while and I'm just wondering how the "pick ups" are determined?

Example - did Matt Stefanishion play in Newfoundland this season? Can't find him on any roster...

Also Matt Bragg,and Tyler Sloan ..a big name that is not there this year but would have been great to see ,.. Yetman
What do you think cannon. Competitive team or not?
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

canonball

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:02 am

Wonder was Parker Deighan asked he also would be a great help ,also with Randell I liked what I saw of him in the bous/cat playoffs ,fast and also a gritty player who can throw a hit good player

mattis

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:08 am

Yeah I'm wondering this too (been away from senior hockey also), and Bragg played in a different league altogether. And Is it last year's winner who gets to go to the Allan cup?

thelionsden

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:26 am

I agree Cannon....Randell got better as the playoff went on. Not sure where Deighan would fit in.... he is a fairly good Defenseman.... but I would not put him ahead of 3other pick ups Roach, Martin or Sloan
Last edited by thelionsden on Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh just a fan

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:30 am

Watched a handful of games this season in person or online and I thought Randell was a unreal two way player who didn't lose many faceoffs either.

• Information