Cats Allan Cup Roster

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
thelionsden
What colour is a puck?: black

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:35 am

mattis wrote:
seadog39 wrote:Can someone explain how this works for the Allan Cup? Been away from Newfoundland senior hockey for a while and I'm just wondering how the "pick ups" are determined?

Example - did Matt Stefanishion play in Newfoundland this season? Can't find him on any roster...
Yeah I'm wondering this too (been away from senior hockey also), and Bragg played in a different league altogether. And Is it last year's winner who gets to go to the Allan cup?
The Winner's are determined by the winner of the Herder from the previous year... due to logistics of trying to get off the island along with the cost of getting off the rock it can get expensive... so it gives the representative enough time to make all those arrangements.

All teams going to the Allan Cup are allowed to add players to there roster...injuries and players not being able to make it for work, family and school can cause major issues with your rosters. also our own league handcuffs of the Hockey Canada rule on imports....Hockey Canada's rule on imports is 6 per year... our league maximum is 2...So places like Ontario, Alberta and Manitoba abide by Hockey Canada rules, not saying they use all 6 or any for that matter... but with the Major populations in those areas, they do have a MUCH larger pool of players to pick from.

Newbie123

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:39 am

mattis wrote:
seadog39 wrote:Can someone explain how this works for the Allan Cup? Been away from Newfoundland senior hockey for a while and I'm just wondering how the "pick ups" are determined?

Example - did Matt Stefanishion play in Newfoundland this season? Can't find him on any roster...
Yeah I'm wondering this too (been away from senior hockey also), and Bragg played in a different league altogether. And Is it last year's winner who gets to go to the Allan cup?

Hockey Canada and its rules regarding Allan Cup play are a little different. Their definition of an import is someone who was last carded in another branch. So players like Stefanishion, Sloan, Bragg are considered "affiliate" players or imports. If they played in our league this year or last year they can play for the Cataracts. So Stefanishion could play in Alberta up until the signing date , I believe its February 10th. He could get released and still come play here.

However, even if a player is from Newfoundland but last played somewhere else, say the QMJHL, they are still considered an import. Despite being from St Johns and playing for the Cataracts all season, last year Lindstrom was an import/affiliate. Its a weird grey area but its available to all teams who enter the tournament.

mattis

Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:40 am

that makes sense, thanks for the info!

HockeyDave

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:09 am

I really like this team and think they have a good shot at winning. I seen a team in Ontario the Stoney Plain Generals that have Chris Hulit, Cam Fergus and former Canadian World Junior standouts Ryan O'Marra and Stefan Legein on their roster. Then you can never count out South East Prairie Thunder or Lacombe Generals. I'm quite excited to see this tournament and see how we stack up with the rest of the country. I can also say I played against Travis Randell a few times and he is awesome. I'd love to have him on the CeeBees. He does everything well wins faceoffs, blocks shots and he has a rocket of a shot!

Go Cats Go !!!

santana500

Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:56 pm

The Hawk wrote:Well, well, well. Clarenville whiners and Grand Falls whiners, talk about an AESHL variety pack. The Allan Cup roster seems like a Snack Pack with extra fries. Geez boys don't you think you are going overboard trying to win an Allan Cup. And no Cee Bee players. You are not going to win if you don't have Cee Bee players. Remember the last time Clarenville had Cee Bee players. They won the Allan Cup. So don't mock the Cee Bees with comments about a variety pack when you have the "extra special" with all the trimmings. Still won't win you the Allan Cup. You don't have the best goalie on your roster who is A. J. Whiffen - Provincial MVP, top goaltender, Playoff MVP, and four time consecutive Herder champion. What a resume.

Goalie from their own league. Churchill why not.

canonball

Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:11 pm

thelionsden wrote:I agree Cannon....Randell got better as the playoff went on. Not sure where Deighan would fit in.... he is a fairly good Defenseman.... but I would not put him ahead of 3other pick ups Roach, Martin or Sloan
Well you know how I feel about adding Sloan and Stefanishon ,but I do think that they have a good team there ,now what have the rest of the teams have ? Looks like Stoney Plains has a good team there .

superfan

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Lets go Cats

.... this is your time :ymapplause:

catfan

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:30 pm

mattis wrote:

This was already explained here several times. Why waste time explaining again. We are allowed 6 imports under hockey canada rules and only 2 under HNL.

geoguy

Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:00 am

Nice to hear from George yesterday that all games will be webcasted this year on bell tv1.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

#1BousFan

Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 pm

geoguy wrote:Nice to hear from George yesterday that all games will be webcasted this year on bell tv1.
When is their first game?
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

• Information