Hey Paddy

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
superfan
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:03 pm

Hey hear you had a rough week with all this fiasco . Everybody is discussed at what happened .

If everyone put in the effort you did, the world would be a much better place .

Hockey Eyes

Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:51 pm

superfan wrote:Hey hear you had a rough week with all this fiasco . Everybody is discussed at what happened .

Yeah Super.... Paddy is a good hockey guy. I don't know him well . The stuff he does with a smile. He has the best interests of hockey at heart. You look at who he is ...apart from all the BS on here. He is the president of a four team league whose survival is not based on huge attendance figures. At the end of the season though in the CEEBEES/ EAGLES final they cleaned her. The largest crowds I have seen at Jack Byrne for a AESHL game in a lot of years. That will help the teams in that league for next year. You know my hope is that the Caribous are part of it but that is a long ways off with some obstacles and ...who knows. I do expect that next year the winner of the league out west with the PAB,Deer Lake Corner Brook and Stephenville teams will be on the road to a Herder " play down. I'll bet HNL gives them strengthening plays to make them competitive.
Anyway that is off topic .. suffice it say ..from my observation ...Paddy is a good hockey guy. The same as Ivan is a good hockey guy or Dave Brazil is a good hockey guy ...or a dozen others across the island .
We never got to have a beer this year Super.... The Eagles let me down again *.......but the good news is that its not a homeland for the Palestinians .... ...its just a game of hockey

Sergio

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:32 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
superfan wrote:Hey hear you had a rough week with all this fiasco . Everybody is discussed at what happened .

Yeah Super.... Paddy is a good hockey guy. I don't know him well . The stuff he does with a smile. He has the best interests of hockey at heart. You look at who he is ...apart from all the BS on here. He is the president of a four team league whose survival is not based on huge attendance figures. At the end of the season though in the CEEBEES/ EAGLES final they cleaned her. The largest crowds I have seen at Jack Byrne for a AESHL game in a lot of years. That will help the teams in that league for next year. You know my hope is that the Caribous are part of it but that is a long ways off with some obstacles and ...who knows. I do expect that next year the winner of the league out west with the PAB,Deer Lake Corner Brook and Stephenville teams will be on the road to a Herder " play down. I'll bet HNL gives them strengthening plays to make them competitive.
Anyway that is off topic .. suffice it say ..from my observation ...Paddy is a good hockey guy. The same as Ivan is a good hockey guy or Dave Brazil is a good hockey guy ...or a dozen others across the island .
We never got to have a beer this year Super.... The Eagles let me down again *.......but the good news is that its not a homeland for the Palestinians .... ...its just a game of hockey
What is the big attraction of having the Caribous join the AESHL, except of course the fact that it would automatically kill the CWSHL? I would think the first priority of your league would be to find a way to get the Blades operational again. Personally I can't see how the Caribous being part of the AESHL makes any sense whatsoever. You note that the AESHL's survival is not reliant on huge attendance figures and you are correct. How quick would that change if east teams had to incur the travel expenses of road trips to Clarenville? I know you mentioned in an earlier post that you envision a three team division with possibly Clarenville, CBS and CBN. While CBN could probably afford it I doubt very much that Bell Island/CBS could. I understand the punitive nature of the Ceebees membership in the AESHL but to expect them to accept the costs of their own travel to Clarenville as well as subsidizing CBS when they go there, on top of their existing travel levy is dreaming in technicolor, in my humble opinion.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 pm

I hear you and you could be right but I think LOCAL is the key to hockey ...not imports and salaries. I noticed with interest just a couple of minutes ago on CBC the vice president of the Stephenville Jets saying the final game with the Corner Brook Royals is sold out and they can't keep Stephenville Jerseys on the shelves in stores. Asked about the popularity of this new league he said it was that people like to know the players on the ice. It is their uncle or their neighbour or their brother and there is an attachment.
The reason I mention the Caribous in our league is I think it is remote that the CSHL will operate next year in the way it did this year. . Whatever was wrong with it ...in terms of attendance...is still wrong with it. Nothing has changed except the money is tighter and tighter . A four team league went to a three team league before the season started when Corner Brook withdrew. ...then Clarenville almost didn't start and Gander didn't finish the season . If I was Clarenville I'd head this way. Imagine the CeeBees- Clarenville rivalry. They would fill the two rinks and make some money ... .with very limited spending on salary . Certainly nobody wondering about whether planes were getting in . That's not community hockey.

Tomcod

Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:39 pm

Havent got time to respond to you now Hockey Lies .. Gotta get ready to go the Allan Cup .. Cant wait to watch those teams in action ... All the best amature teams in Canada .. Maybe next year the CeeBees will be playing for the same trophy .. stay tuned..

superfan

Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Tomcod wrote:Havent got time to respond to you now Hockey Lies .. Gotta get ready to go the Allan Cup .. Cant wait to watch those teams in action ... All the best amature teams in Canada .. Maybe next year the CeeBees will be playing for the same trophy .. stay tuned..

All the very best with the Allan Cup Tomcod . Dragmit back home and we will put it up on the Governors table :ymapplause:

.... enjoy your trip bud .

top cheese

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:30 pm

I don't agree with Paddy and Joey being good hockey people. Good hockey people don't use there positions to benefit there own agenda or behave like these gentleman have and done at the herder. They fill there own ego now there to progress the league.

I have been pretty adamant on this site that the CWSHL and past WCHL model has worked and will continue to do so. As it has done the past 20 years here. The issue is fiscal responsibility and league organization. There is nothing wrong with salaries in fact that is something leagues should progress to. Issue becomes when there is excess perks that a team cant afford.

Locals only wont make a successful league. I do believe that it is important for teams to have some local players but that alone will provide a weak on ice product.

This new version of the WCHL has been successful on a condensed schedule in communities which haven't had hockey played for up to 5 or more years. I highly doubt with the quality of play fan support would be sustainable at that level for a full 24 game schedule and playoffs. I also understand that there has been some fighting in the games and we all know what attracts some of these people to games.

Estimate ------- 1500 people X 8 = 12,000 12,000 x 12 home games = $140,000

How long do you think it takes for those teams to start paying players and bringing in Imports to win again?????

Hockey Eyes

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:54 pm

What is problem with Paddy. They have a lot of money in the bank/ Full rinks for the AESHL finals ..great crowds for the series with Clarenville and ...
the CeeBee are the Herder champions...in which area is he found wanting ? He looks like a good hockey guy to me.

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:21 am

Paddy Daly IS one of the GOOD guys. Thanks to smart, hard working and very intelligent people we will have the AESHL for years to come

puckit

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:10 pm

123 wrote:Paddy Daly IS one of the GOOD guys. Thanks to smart, hard working and very intelligent people we will have the AESHL for years to come
You mean a league with very little fan support, If that's what you want. The folks out east only show up for the Herder Final anyway. The rest of the time they don't care.
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

• Information