Hey Paddy

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
User avatar
puckit
Posts: 785
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Hockey Eyes wrote:And when a league gets run into the ground .... is that good hockey people ?
All you have to do is point the finger in the right direction straight at HNL .. All the restrictions they put on the west league with regards to imports , herder venues , just to mention a few , have led to the demise of the league and NO they aren't good hockey people .. I was talking to some hockey people from the mainland teams and they asked me if we found it hard to compete with the import restrictions that HNL has imposed on us.. Those people cant understand their reasoning behind it when they are supposed to be trying to grow the game .. Another newfie joke .. OH almost forgot the two Ronnies who sent the taxman to the west .. stay tuned..
WELL SAID, TOMCOD!!!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

General Bentley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 am

Tomcod wrote:
Hockey Eyes wrote:And when a league gets run into the ground .... is that good hockey people ?
All you have to do is point the finger in the right direction straight at HNL .. All the restrictions they put on the west league with regards to imports , herder venues , just to mention a few , have led to the demise of the league and NO they aren't good hockey people .. I was talking to some hockey people from the mainland teams and they asked me if we found it hard to compete with the import restrictions that HNL has imposed on us.. Those people cant understand their reasoning behind it when they are supposed to be trying to grow the game .. Another newfie joke .. OH almost forgot the two Ronnies who sent the taxman to the west .. stay tuned..
So it was HNL's fault that that the number of imports were reduced? You must've forgotten that a member of the Caribous' executive publibly stated that the number of imports needed to be reduced in order for the league to survive. I have no idea whether imports affect the viability of the league or not and I really don't care. I just find it odd that you would lay blame on HNL for something that we all know was being promoted by members of your own league. I'm not surprised by your post though because it's typical of the BS you and all the other conspiracy theorists post on here to try to deflect blame from your own league for being the architect of its own possible demise.

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Well General Bentley youre right when you say you don't know or don't care whether imports affect the caliber of our league which says it all.. Our league was quiet capable of controlling the number of imports in our league , yet HNL had to enshrine it in their constitution ( two imports plus a goalie ) , just another way to downgrade the west league to weaken us to the level of the AESHL so they could have a competitive Herder playoff .. stay tuned...

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Well the way is see it is the aeshl will have more competitive players than the teams in the WCSHL because we all know that most of the players are from out east and now that they are paying the bucks the players would be foolish to come play in the west when they can get the same to stay home .Don't give me the crap that they are not getting paid because we all know that they are and it is only a matter of time before they get ck up on ..The sooner the better for hockey all around ,the players should be getting paid

General Bentley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:16 pm

Tomcod wrote:Well General Bentley youre right when you say you don't know or don't care whether imports affect the caliber of our league which says it all.. Our league was quiet capable of controlling the number of imports in our league , yet HNL had to enshrine it in their constitution ( two imports plus a goalie ) , just another way to downgrade the west league to weaken us to the level of the AESHL so they could have a competitive Herder playoff .. stay tuned...
Of course I'm right. I said it didn't I? So what's this "all" that it's supposed to be saying exactly, other than what I said...... that I don't know and I don't care. You failed to respond to my point. Did you forget that at least one CWSHL executive was promoting the reduction in the number of imports or did you just chose to ignore that fact, just to be able to blame HNL? I suspect that HNL may have just been acting on a request from other league executives who probably agreed with the position of Mr. Russell but did not want to state it publicly.

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 pm

General Bentley wrote:
Tomcod wrote:Well General Bentley youre right when you say you don't know or don't care whether imports affect the caliber of our league which says it all.. Our league was quiet capable of controlling the number of imports in our league , yet HNL had to enshrine it in their constitution ( two imports plus a goalie ) , just another way to downgrade the west league to weaken us to the level of the AESHL so they could have a competitive Herder playoff .. stay tuned...
Of course I'm right. I said it didn't I? So what's this "all" that it's supposed to be saying exactly, other than what I said...... that I don't know and I don't care. You failed to respond to my point. Did you forget that at least one CWSHL executive was promoting the reduction in the number of imports or did you just chose to ignore that fact, just to be able to blame HNL? I suspect that HNL may have just been acting on a request from other league executives who probably agreed with the position of Mr. Russell but did not want to state it publicly.
So what you are saying is because one team out of four wanted less imports HNL goes along with it lol.. very democratic .. get with the program , if the cats had a couple of imports deemed nonimports they could live with it also but it wouldn't and didn't save any money .. stay tuned..

General Bentley
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:57 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Tomcod wrote:
General Bentley wrote:
Tomcod wrote:Well General Bentley youre right when you say you don't know or don't care whether imports affect the caliber of our league which says it all.. Our league was quiet capable of controlling the number of imports in our league , yet HNL had to enshrine it in their constitution ( two imports plus a goalie ) , just another way to downgrade the west league to weaken us to the level of the AESHL so they could have a competitive Herder playoff .. stay tuned...
Of course I'm right. I said it didn't I? So what's this "all" that it's supposed to be saying exactly, other than what I said...... that I don't know and I don't care. You failed to respond to my point. Did you forget that at least one CWSHL executive was promoting the reduction in the number of imports or did you just chose to ignore that fact, just to be able to blame HNL? I suspect that HNL may have just been acting on a request from other league executives who probably agreed with the position of Mr. Russell but did not want to state it publicly.
So what you are saying is because one team out of four wanted less imports HNL goes along with it lol.. very democratic .. get with the program , if the cats had a couple of imports deemed nonimports they could live with it also but it wouldn't and didn't save any money .. stay tuned..
Man do you even read a post before you start blabbering a dumb response?

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:16 pm

Hey General why don't you stop assuming or were you involved .. Personally I couldn't care less at this point its all water under the bridge , it is what it is .. stay tuned ...

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 20 guests