Hey Paddy

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
top cheese
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:56 pm

What growth in hockey has Paddy Daly and Joey Maynard provided this province? They have campaigned for years to tear down hockey in central and the west coast so that their own league could gain more players. They have manipulated there own leagues rules for there own teams success. Judging on their public behavior around the rinks and in the media they are far from "Good" Hockey people.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Mr. Cheese nobody has mentioned Joe Maynard only you. Is there some issue there that you injected him into the discussion. I never mentioned Joe Maynard and 123 never mentioned him .
As for Paddy this year he is president of a league...for the first time. What has he campaigned for years about. ? I am going to be just really honest here. I don't know what you are talking about . There seems to be a lot of anger there but I don't know what it is about.
Paddy is a good hockey guy. The only real standards you can use are the results and the results are fabulous. The AESHL ...have the Herder and the league will be back next year. .

Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:Mr. Cheese nobody has mentioned Joe Maynard only you. Is there some issue there that you injected him into the discussion. I never mentioned Joe Maynard and 123 never mentioned him .
As for Paddy this year he is president of a league...for the first time. What has he campaigned for years about. ? I am going to be just really honest here. I don't know what you are talking about . There seems to be a lot of anger there but I don't know what it is about.
Paddy is a good hockey guy. The only real standards you can use are the results and the results are fabulous. The AESHL ...have the Herder and the league will be back next year. .
Hear, hear!!

puckit

Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:Mr. Cheese nobody has mentioned Joe Maynard only you. Is there some issue there that you injected him into the discussion. I never mentioned Joe Maynard and 123 never mentioned him .
Yeah, Paddy is a good hockey guy...for the AESHL which he is president of! Not much of a good hockey guy for the rest of the province though. Only serving his own interests just like Joe Maynard who has been lobbying HNL officials for years now to place sanctions on the WCSHL in an effort to downgrade the on ice product and it has worked. What had become one of the best Senior hockey leagues in Canada has been stripped down piece by piece until there is hardly anything left. We have probably just witnessed the last ALLAN CUP championship for this province, ever! Newfoundland will probably never ice a Canadian Senior hockey contender again, but that's "okay' because these "Good Hockey guys" will have their diluted AESHL competing for the Herder Trophy at the Mile One. That will be the pinnacle of their achievement. Their legacy, so to speak. When you think about it, it's kind of sad. But, hey, you guys got what you wanted!
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:22 pm

Paddy Daly. Good guy. Great guy actually.

Annonymous

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:37 am

puckit wrote:
Yeah, Paddy is a good hockey guy...for the AESHL which he is president of! Not much of a good hockey guy for the rest of the province though. Only serving his own interests just like Joe Maynard who has been lobbying HNL officials for years now to place sanctions on the WCSHL in an effort to downgrade the on ice product and it has worked. What had become one of the best Senior hockey leagues in Canada has been stripped down piece by piece until there is hardly anything left. We have probably just witnessed the last ALLAN CUP championship for this province, ever! Newfoundland will probably never ice a Canadian Senior hockey contender again, but that's "okay' because these "Good Hockey guys" will have their diluted AESHL competing for the Herder Trophy at the Mile One. That will be the pinnacle of their achievement. Their legacy, so to speak. When you think about it, it's kind of sad. But, hey, you guys got what you wanted!

He's the president of the AESHL, not the West Coast or HNL, of course he only cares about the AESHL. His mandate is to grow the AESHL and not any other league. If he was concerned about the growth of other leagues he should stepped down from his position.

Too bad the West President wasn't as vocal and challenge HNL for $$ for advertising, marketing, imports etc. The majority of the West executives have for the most part let HNL dictate how to run the league. Not Paddy.

top cheese

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:33 pm

When you serve your own interests on an executive council you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game.

When you serve your own teams interests as a league administer by manipulating the roster rules you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game

When you are the member of an executive council and you taunt fans at the Herder or boast in the media you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game.

Good hockey people are those who run organizations responsibly, or those who got the WCSHL off the ground, or people who helped get teams to participate in the allan cup again........that's growth

Hockey Eyes

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 pm

And when a league gets run into the ground .... is that good hockey people ?

HockeyFan29

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:43 pm

top cheese wrote:When you serve your own interests on an executive council you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game.

When you serve your own teams interests as a league administer by manipulating the roster rules you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game

When you are the member of an executive council and you taunt fans at the Herder or boast in the media you are not a good hockey person dedicated to the growth of the game.

Good hockey people are those who run organizations responsibly, or those who got the WCSHL off the ground, or people who helped get teams to participate in the allan cup again........that's growth
Taking the AESHL from the brink with 3 teams after the Cee Bees and Blades left them high and dry and growing it to five teams and winning the Herder isn't growth?

Your statement is so hypocritical. The hidden message I get from your post is basically saying its only people involved with the CWSHL are good hockey people, anyone else is not.

Tomcod

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:And when a league gets run into the ground .... is that good hockey people ?
All you have to do is point the finger in the right direction straight at HNL .. All the restrictions they put on the west league with regards to imports , herder venues , just to mention a few , have led to the demise of the league and NO they aren't good hockey people .. I was talking to some hockey people from the mainland teams and they asked me if we found it hard to compete with the import restrictions that HNL has imposed on us.. Those people cant understand their reasoning behind it when they are supposed to be trying to grow the game .. Another newfie joke .. OH almost forgot the two Ronnies who sent the taxman to the west .. stay tuned..

• Information