Allan Cup worth it?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Well Den someone finally gave me a honest answer without calling me sour. I get that they needed to add players, but do the Cats take into consideration that those players may not return next year. I don't know, I know I've coached teams in the past and would always think of things like that. Do I play this new person and upset the dressing room. Picking up players is no easy task.

And I get why people are mad that the same rules didn't apply for both teams. But like I said the CWSHL agreed before the season even started, mostly cause they didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell they'd actually win, even with 6 players picked up.

canonball

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 pm

They didn't win ,they were awarded .Do the CB's also take into consideration that the players that had to sit might not come back because of their pickups

Oh just a fan

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Ball they won the Herder man, you sound like a little child. Sure the goal shouldn't have counted but nor should Brett Hull's in Dallas but it did and they won. Crappy sure, but they won man.

And yes the Stars should be a little worried that some of those everyday players,that are there all season and get you where you want to be, may not want to come back. Any team in this position shouldn't be that surprised if the player don't come back.

thelionsden

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:44 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:Well Den someone finally gave me a honest answer without calling me sour. I get that they needed to add players, but do the Cats take into consideration that those players may not return next year. I don't know, I know I've coached teams in the past and would always think of things like that. Do I play this new person and upset the dressing room. Picking up players is no easy task.

And I get why people are mad that the same rules didn't apply for both teams. But like I said the CWSHL agreed before the season even started, mostly cause they didn't think there was a snowballs chance in hell they'd actually win, even with 6 players picked up.
If you coach that way..worrying what player will do if they don't get ice time or are sat out...then your coaching the wrong way. Remember these players are paid. Employees if you will...my boss don't care what I think of his decision if it for the betterment of the company. The main goal is to WIN...it's not minor hockey... and if some players want to move on because of it...then so be it. But I don't think you will see any leave because of the Allan Cup.

Again it was worth it...10000000%

catfan

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:And catfan tell me how that's a pile of bull? Please tell me why? Remember you guys already lost a player last year due to filling his spot with someone else. What would the cats do if the 3-5 players hey replaced this year don't come back? Answer that, go ahead. I'm sure you'll say they will just find more players, but that's going to be costly isn't it?
You lost me on that one. Haven't got the foggiest idea of what you are talking about.

Oh just a fan

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

Yea Den wouldn't want a coach who cares about the long term success of a team.... I don't know who you work for bug personally my bosses care about me too, I'm not just an employee number. Maybe at Kia they treat you that way. And as for that's not how you'd coach, how many teams have you coached tho?

thelionsden

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:Yea Den wouldn't want a coach who cares about the long term success of a team.... I don't know who you work for bug personally my bosses care about me too, I'm not just an employee number. Maybe at Kia they treat you that way. And as for that's not how you'd coach, how many teams have you coached tho?

Now Oh just a fan...their is no need of bringing my place of business into it. I never said I wasn't treated fairly..as I am treat quite fair.... but in any business decisions are made for the betterment of the company.

As for coaching, I have coached High school, Coached National Ball hockey in 1997... and I was a technical director in Roddickton for 2 yrs. and I have also been privy to conversations from all the coaches for the cataracts over the past 14 yrs....I go into the room with my mouth Shut and my ears opened... you would not believe what you can learn from doing that.

And as for the long term success... tell me a team in recent history who has had the success that the Cataracts have had over the past 7-8 yrs?

And by the way.... I don't want to get into a pissing match on here... not interested in it... so respond as you may... you won't get a response from me.
Last edited by thelionsden on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

canonball

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Easy for posters to hide behind a user name

Annonymous

Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:Where did I learn to count? In the GFW school system. Name one player from GFW that played in the Allan Cup. No Lewis no Bishop and No Dalley. I bet you're reaponse is going to be Brent and Gill, thing is they're from Botwood. Yes it's central but the teams not called the Central Cararacts now is it.

I'm pretty sure Brent, Gill, Randell, Stone, and Lewis, not sure of any other players, but they are call GFW home. To me, the term 'home' trumps 'the place you were born in' when you're ask they question "where are you from".

These guys are invested in the community, ie. homes, jobs, gf/wives, families etc. So because some were raised as a child in a certain community they certainly hang their hat in their homes in GFW. So Brent and Gill along with the others call GFW home and as you put it are now from GFW.

Oh just a fan

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:00 pm

You ask all of those you pointed out where their from and I'm willing to bet their answers will be Botwood, Twilly and BC. Not one will say GFW.

And Benny if you're so upset about someone talkin about your workplace, maybe take your name and number off the side of your car. I mean it's not like I pointed out that you work at Kia and no one knew it.

And cannonball like I've said you you a couple times, what's the point of me telling you my name? You'll know who I am and I still have zero clue who you are. So basically you may see me in a public place and know who I am, you could walk right in my front door and I wouldn't have a clue who you were. So there's no point. Lionsden knows who I am cause well I know who he is.

• Information