George Scott... Broadcaster

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:45 pm

I thought I should mention I think George Scott did an excellent job on both the Allan Cup and at the Herder. He reminds me in presentation of the late George McLaren although I think George Scott is better.
He wasn't well served by his colour man at the Allan Cup but when he was working aloeg at the Herder he was great. George didn't seem to have a pathological urge to show how much he knows about hockey... he just tells what he sees. That is key to good sports broadcasting .
Next year the Herder people should get George to do the Herder but hire a decent production team. You can't shoot a hockey game with one camera . You need three and a switcher. It isn't that expensive and the money generated by the Herder could easily cover it. Anyway ...well done to George. Good job. and ... thanks

superfan

Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:56 pm

George and Robert are class acts .

.... thanks for the great work guys and congrats to you both :ymapplause: .

madness

Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:27 am

Not just hockey George Broadcasts Baseball, volleyball, basketball whatever he is asked to do and he is very good at all of them. Best amateur sport broadcaster in Canada IMO

Oh just a fan

Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:01 pm

He also umpires baseball, he certainly loves his sports. I'm very thankful he does the job he does. And to be honest he's legit, he knows his sports, not so much like his sidekick he had in NB.

• Information