Telegram Article...

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:43 am

http://www.thetelegram.com/sports/hocke ... vive-.html

Very interesting point is the import discussions took 5 minutes to say there will be none, except for a goalie.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 pm

123 wrote:http://www.thetelegram.com/sports/hocke ... vive-.html

Very interesting point is the import discussions took 5 minutes to say there will be none, except for a goalie.

You know if they gave a goalie a job in the community and he stayed there and spent his money there I would have no problem with that.Even if there was one other player and the money earned was staying in Newfoundland that would be good.
Senior Fan was saying imports were actually " revenue neutral". I guess HNL doesn't buy that notion.
BTW good to see Jack Lee back as president. You have to have good people at the helm.

Seniorfan

Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:

You know if they gave a goalie a job in the community and he stayed there and spent his money there I would have no problem with that.Even if there was one other player and the money earned was staying in Newfoundland that would be good.
Senior Fan was saying imports were actually " revenue neutral". I guess HNL doesn't buy that notion.
BTW good to see Jack Lee back as president. You have to have good people at the helm.
There are many things HNL and I disagree about. Based on their track record and more specifically Sr Councils I wouldn't be too quick to cite them as an authority. Cataracts imports have not been "revenue neutral", have been "revenue POSITIVE" . No one involved with the team who really knows what's going on disagrees. As to the comment about bringing players in and giving them a job. What decade are you living in ? This isn't the 70's anymore. These imports already have jobs or are full time students. They're not looking to sr hockey as a career changer. I've tried to explain the demographics of NL to you before but you either really can't see past the Avalon or pretend you can't so you can continue your roll on this forum as nothing but a lowly internet troll. Sr Hockey off the Avalon can't survive without more imports. Doing away with them is the final nail being driven in by HNL. There simply aren't enough players to form competitive sr teams. And please don't come back and talk about the success of the new west coast league. The jury is still out on that one. Just a handfull of games played in an experimental season and already rumblings about major concerns. Finally there's no need fur me to comment on your praise for Jack Lee. Hockey Eyes = Hockey Troll.

tincanfan

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:15 pm

Hockey Eyes you are being to kind to the same old executive. They have achieved what they planned for years "kill the hockey outside St. Johns area.". This group have always stunk to high heavens . They must enjoy "pissing" people off.

Mr. BoJangles

Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Hockey Eyes wrote:

There are many things HNL and I disagree about. Based on their track record and more specifically Sr Councils I wouldn't be too quick to cite them as an authority. Cataracts imports have not been "revenue neutral", have been "revenue POSITIVE" . No one involved with the team who really knows what's going on disagrees. As to the comment about bringing players in and giving them a job. What decade are you living in ? This isn't the 70's anymore. These imports already have jobs or are full time students. They're not looking to sr hockey as a career changer. I've tried to explain the demographics of NL to you before but you either really can't see past the Avalon or pretend you can't so you can continue your roll on this forum as nothing but a lowly internet troll. Sr Hockey off the Avalon can't survive without more imports. Doing away with them is the final nail being driven in by HNL. There simply aren't enough players to form competitive sr teams. And please don't come back and talk about the success of the new west coast league. The jury is still out on that one. Just a handfull of games played in an experimental season and already rumblings about major concerns. Finally there's no need fur me to comment on your praise for Jack Lee. Hockey Eyes = Hockey Troll.
Right on Senior. You hit the nail on the head!

catfan

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

No imports. No support. Down grading the league will lead to its end.

catsfan200

Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:01 pm

http://ntv.ca/programs/news-programs/eveningnewshour/ 21:40 they talk about Senior Hockey and trying to get a 4th team.
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

catsfan200

Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:52 am

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Flyer24

Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Even "locals" residing outside of NL are part of this "ban". So it's more than just the elimination of imports. Basically nobody will be travelling to NL on a plane this year to play SR Hockey. Although I am very skeptical, I certainly wish all involved the best of luck in getting this to work and I will be there to support it. Go Flyers.

Zekie

Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Glad to see Don Kelly gone. Good riddance to bad luggage I say.

Disappointed to see Jack Lee back. Was hoping for a sweep.

• Information