CeeBees

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:09 pm

CeeBees made it official today that they are kicked out of the AESHL. I suppose if you can't beat, might as well kick them out.

For the love of God can teams just give the controlling Eagles an East title and be done with it? Don't they control the league.

Slapshot

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:34 pm

It is amazing how desperate Torbay wants to win the Herder. Why don't they just kick everyone out!!

superfan

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Hope they come to the west so we can have a league .

Flyer24

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:26 pm

Unfortunately it's the only chance we have at any hockey here this fall.

chesterfriedchicken

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Just an endless cycle for this team. No league wants them, all brass in the old Provincial league voted them out, only two years after the AESHL wanted them gone, now after two years back they are gone again. I guess they'll sue and take matters to court again.

Burning bridges yet again. When Grand Falls offer a goalie money to play and he responds with, "That's not close to what the ceebees offered," in a league that supposedly doesn't pay players, that's a problem right there. When teams don't do well with rules, get rid of them. Perhaps the provincial league will welcome them back, but I can bet dollars to donuts, nobody wants them back in that league either. They weren't sad to see them go.

I think you should all ask why? Perhaps it has something to do with the herder and the profits collected from it.

Flyer24

Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:38 pm

yet numerous folks came on here all year and said that was not the case

Gomez

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:16 pm

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm
Just an endless cycle for this team. No league wants them, all brass in the old Provincial league voted them out, only two years after the AESHL wanted them gone, now after two years back they are gone again. I guess they'll sue and take matters to court again.

Burning bridges yet again. When Grand Falls offer a goalie money to play and he responds with, "That's not close to what the ceebees offered," in a league that supposedly doesn't pay players, that's a problem right there. When teams don't do well with rules, get rid of them. Perhaps the provincial league will welcome them back, but I can bet dollars to donuts, nobody wants them back in that league either. They weren't sad to see them go.

I think you should all ask why? Perhaps it has something to do with the herder and the profits collected from it.
I'd say Joe Maynard was looking for any excuse. Now Torbay can go back to being the big dogs in the league and all will be well. With any luck at all the west will fold and then the east can play off for the herder! How great would that be! Instead of loosing in the east finals every year Torbay can lose in the herder finals!

superfan

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:41 pm

cee bees should be in the west

top cheese

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Probably a combination of issues but senior hockey in this province again lacks professionalism.

It could be:

a) Cee Bees paying players
b) Herder monies - which was a case once before I believe

There's also a history between the AESHL and the Cee Bees organization. Which could leave me to believe that its possible that the AESHL is gaining a team in Whitbourne, CBS, etc and simply didn't want to deal with the CEE BEES any further.

Overall this is probably good news for senior hockey because it will force the Cee Bees to play in the CWSHL. Allow that league to survive and build itself up again. I guess this means now that with no imports allowed the AESHL will loose more players to the CWSHL and not the other way around. lol

Seniorfan

Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't want to say I told you so but....

• Information