Two new leagues (maybe)??

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
geoela
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:42 pm

I hear the AESHL may fold, and start up as some new league so as to get rid of the CeeBees. Imagine...that long run may stop here. I guess the "semi pro" secrets are finally killing it. Then again, it could never be taken seriously after the "goal under the side of the net" fiasco last season.

The second league "could" come about if the CeeBees join up with Clarenville and the other 2 central teams...(no west teams) to form something without the word west in it.
At least the travel would be just 3.5 (or so) hours between GFW and Harbour Grace. Not bad really.

Let's hope this happens!!! No imports. No all-star teams being assembled to play for the Herder. No. Just 3 leagues playing hockey with a provincial playdown at the end with the 3 league winners. May the best team win...by properly putting the puck between the posts the way it's supposed to be done.

timbits

Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:53 pm

I would love for something like this to happen.

top cheese

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Should be just called the eastern senior hockey. The Old Boys club is hanging on to its last bit of traditions.

East League .
Central League
WCSHL

How nice would it be if the east league and central league could have interlocking play or two divisions

aseyeseesit

Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 pm

The AESHL really do sound like they only want players to "get a hockey stick for Xmas",... if the unceremonious dismissal of the CeeBees is indeed grounded in the allegations flying around that the CeeBees paid players. Thus, if the CeeBees do join the CWSHL - to become the 'new' CESHL (Central EAST Senior Hockey League) - I don't expect that the teams in the AESHL will want to spent any money traveling to play any 'inter-locking' games against teams in the CESHL. Unless the "pay your players" CESHL play all games in the AESHL rinks; or pay the travel costs of the AESHL to play away games ?

geoela

Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 am

No interlocking games. Just play within their own leagues. But, at the end of the season, if a league wants to play for the Herder, only the team/players that won their respective leagues will go into the Herder play down.
NO adding players from other teams!!!

geoela

Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 am

Anyway...forget everything said in this post. Didn't work out so not happening. But, there will be hockey in Central and in the AESHL. That's the main thing. To quote a popular guy on here.....stay tuned!!!

Seniorfan

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 am

Can you elaborate ? I haven't seen any announcement from either HNL, the league or any of the teams on what came out of the meetings.

aseyeseesit

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:44 pm

If no fourth team "materializes", (the CeeBees?), to facilitate expansion of the CWSHL to four teams then the CWSHL will need some kind of arrangement for games with the AESHL in order to survive.
Even though I am skeptical of the teams in the AESHL being willing to do interlocking games - travel costs etc would seem to be a big issue with the AESHL going anywhere off the Avalon - for hockey to happen in 2017-2018 out here in the woods there will have to be interlocking games.
Whatever happens to save senior hockey off the Avalon, it looks like the only hope will be some kind of deal with AESHL!

#1BousFan

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:10 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:35 am
Can you elaborate ? I haven't seen any announcement from either HNL, the league or any of the teams on what came out of the meetings.
Info will be released soon
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Flyer24

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:42 am

The Ceebees have a pot of money and a great team so why wouldnt they join the Central League? Most of the players on the other 3 teams live on the Avalon already, so why wouldn't they agree to the CeeBees joinging the league. It's actually cheaper to play road games on the East Coast than trying to get 12-15 players to Gander or GFW. Hopefully there's some sort of hockey here in Gander as we have a few young guys who have graduated from Junior living here now who are looking for a game somewhere.

• Information