Two new leagues (maybe)??

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:11 pm

I will be in all rinks whenever possible Super as always, but hope the Cats, Flyers & Bous are near the top of the standings then the East teams

superfan

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm

123 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:11 pm
I will be in all rinks whenever possible Stuper as always, but hope West pound the piss out of the East clubs.

Tanker, I hope everybody goes to all rinks .

Wadman

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:51 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:48 pm
I do not think interlocking games between CWSHL teams and the potential 'new' "metro" four team League will be blow outs at all.
The CeeBees(then in the AESHL) beat the Bous from the CWSHL for the Herder last spring. And, in the 'run-up' AESHL finals playoff every game between the Northeast Eagles and the CeeBees was close - one goal either way and wins could have been losses for either team. The Eagles went down 4 games to 2, but each team was barely a single goal apart in the wins and losses during that series. So, why wouldn't the 'new' east league teams - at least three of them - be competitive with the current version of the CWSHL, whose teams now have no imports. And, remember, with imports last season the Bous lost to the AESHL team that had only narrowly beaten the Eagles to get into that Herder...
And remember how that goal was scored. The Caribous did have two imports and the Cee Bees had five or six from other teams

just watch

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:30 am

If this turns out to be 2 leagues with interlocking games all of these games has to be played in out side the overpass or you wont get enough fans to need a second batch of fries. The regular season games in the 4 rinks only had the few fans that followed the Cee Bees while the Hr Grace rink was near full every game.So if it happens are the central / teams paying for transportation of the townie league and are the fans out there satisfied for a rise in gate fees to cover this?

I want menchion players names but there are some big guns left in the metro league especially in Torbay playing for the love of the game ---ha ha ha. So did the Cee Bee get kicked out for paying players or did the little general of the aeshl finally get is way?

aseyeseesit

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I believe there is keen interest out here in central to see games against the metro teams, if that transpires... Will be nice to have some new teams to watch - "variety is the spice of life!"
And, I foresee no issue with ticket prices.
I expect ticket prices to actually go down as all teams at the League AGM in June accepted a forty percent reduction in game fees as a direct result of the elimination of imports and the more significant elimination of the related issues of travel and accommodation costs. Thus, there is a lot of financial pressure off in budgets.
All teams are non profit corporate entities - so if, because of reduced spending, less money is required, then this season ticket prices as a regular budget need could be adjusted down to reflect less pressure for money. There are still many , many fundraising factors as sources of money in all teams' budgets to ensure stability...as long as teams are prudent in managing their budgets.

CWSHL teams operate "year round" - not just when games start. (Tickets are only about 30-35% of a budget, as I see it).

• Information