Cats Pick-Ups

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
wtf100
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Any word yet on these players?

royalcat

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:27 am

Time for the Cat's organization to let their fans in on what is happening.A year or so ago fans were frustrated with their teams because they were left out in the cold about what was happening.If fans knew what was happening with the teams they may decide to attend a game or so.No good to come out with news the day before the games.You need fans in the seats now more than ever.Attendance is down at all rinks.

The Bottom Line

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am

The Cat's keep their fans updated through their website

superfan

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:21 am

The Bottom Line wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am
The Cat's keep their fans updated through their website
Hey Bottom, Happy New Year this is your time :ymapplause:

.... trust all is well out your way ?

timbits

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm

The Cats organization really need to take the news/updates that they post on their website and post them on their facebook page. No one checks the websites compared to the traffic on facebook. it's 2018 and the best way of communication is through social media.

Oh just a fan

Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

And if this was Facebook timbits I’d like your previous post. You’re 100% correct.

GeorgeScott

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 am

timbits wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:21 pm
The Cats organization really need to take the news/updates that they post on their website and post them on their facebook page. No one checks the websites compared to the traffic on facebook. it's 2018 and the best way of communication is through social media.
For the past 5-6 years, every single news item that I have posted on the team website at the request of the Cataracts has also been posted on the team's Facebook page and a link to the item posted on Twitter. This year someone else has been posting their own news items on the website rather than go through me so that they would show on Facebook and Twitter as well. That person has now contacted me and we are now working to coordinate those items into al otherl social media accounts as well. However, there are reasons why it's important to try and drive as much traffic as possible to our website. For the record the number of hits on the website is comparable to the hits on the Facebook page.

timbits

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Thanks for the info George, I did not mean to knock you or anyone else in the Cats org, I have the greatest respect for you and everything you do. It just seemed to me like a lot of things on the website were not found on facebook, and it's not secret social media is becoming more and more popular these days. Maybe I just miss some posts, who knows. My apologies.

• Information