This Afternoons scores

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Flyers Defeat Eagles 12-1
Cataracts Defeat Caps 4-2. Cataracts scored there third goal with 43 seconds left in 3rd.
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

aseyeseesit
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 pm

Saw the Flyers score this afternoon. Looked like the score when the Bous played the Eagles... Was it really necessary to run up the score in these games when it was a team which is in last place in the ECSHL, and travelled out for these games with a very short bench. It is completely disrespectful IMO to pummel a team in a friendly interlocking game, that is in place for the 'total benefit' of the CWSHL, and the need for that 3 team League to get some 'outside' games to keep things alive. Playing the same two teams all season was proven a total losing proposition.

GenoSniper

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Quit your crying! If they could of ran the score up on gander they would do it in a heart beat! St Johns and area are famous for it at all levels of hockey!

mr.hockey

Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

They got what they deserve boy going out there in the first place... They shouldn't be playing interlocking games with such a huge difference on the calliber . It was doomed to fail from day one but some people had this plan of saving nl sr hockey...This is what you get when you don't plan properly...Maybe all those bad beatings will and im sure it will end interlocking play...It was a bad idea... No league should have to go to another league and travel all that distance knowing that the end results are not going to be pretty...So what if the Eschl or Avalon east is a less calliber league...its ok not to be semi-pro and its ok not to play semi-pro..Stay on the Avalon where you belong and play a calliber of hockey that is in you area and enjoy the game ..Don't listen to people who have made the bad decisions and have drawn all those pretty good hockey players into an area where they have been totally embarrassed..Its degrading to the players... Someone has to see this...As for gthe central west you need to go back to the drawing board and if you dont get at least four teams in that semi-pro league then accept the fact that it is all but done...three teams are boring and those interlocking games with the exception of a couple of games has been a blowout and has been boring...This is not the answer you are looking for... I was talking to some players and they have told me that this interlocking play is ridiculous and has done nothing but verify that this wont work....It is done folks...Big changes next year....My advice as a former player and coach is that the central west getting moving on a plan for next season that includes four teams at least...As for the Ecshl well there are plans in affect for the Avalon district... Hockey will look different next season and the old guard will not want to be there..TIme for a erereshing change...
Last edited by mr.hockey on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aseyeseesit

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm

My question was "why run up the score" , which both Clarenville and Gander clearly did when they played the Eagles. The two posts in reply by 'Geno' and 'Mr.Hockey' clearly are answers steeped in anger and vitriol... I guess sportsmanship and respect between opponents are not valued by those posters -or, apparently by either the Flyers or Clarenville teams. I guess hoping that those higher sentiments have value in sports is equivalent to "crying"... Too bad, IMO.

mr.hockey

Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Anger really...Goodness i wish i could but i wont tell you where i have been in hockey.. The teams i have coached and the executives i have been a part of..I dont say this boastfully...But this whole fiasco has been bad for hockey...If a teams biggest concerns are hay boys dont run up the score they may not come back is at the forefront then there isn't much here. So we are saying to a team go get em boys lets compete and then there is a such a huge difference in the calliber from team to team that now we have to say stop skating boys and dont make the passes, dont back check dont make the saves...Its difficult to not run up the score ..the answer is lets all learn from all of this...lests learn from paid players on the east , lets learn from a couple of people wanting there own way, lets learn from being jealous of successful teams , ;lets learn that geographically the central west cant keep going the way we are going...lets put it all on the table for next season and lets do it right for a change...iMy cousin played for the Royals and was a great player... I love the Faulkners and Ryder and Cleary and Lundrigan , and gladly and brown and all the guys that blazed the trails . Its time to work together for the success of the game... I think we only have one more chance to get it right and if we dont then it will be gone for a long time........

GenoSniper

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:11 pm
My question was "why run up the score" , which both Clarenville and Gander clearly did when they played the Eagles. The two posts in reply by 'Geno' and 'Mr.Hockey' clearly are answers steeped in anger and vitriol... I guess sportsmanship and respect between opponents are not valued by those posters -or, apparently by either the Flyers or Clarenville teams. I guess hoping that those higher sentiments have value in sports is equivalent to "crying"... Too bad, IMO.
I grew up playing against teams from the east coast they never held back on us beating us 14-1 celebrating after every goal. Running around head hunting all I’m saying is if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn’t be saying a word about it.

mr.hockey

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

the Central west is dying...The east can't save it...accept it ..thius is the last year for the Central west...what you need there is a good local senior b league and no travel, no hotels and no payroll..that is the only way it will survive..The clarenville Cariobous may not even make oit to the end of the season financially..its over..

Flyer24

Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 pm

aseyeseesit wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:24 pm
Saw the Flyers score this afternoon. Looked like the score when the Bous played the Eagles... Was it really necessary to run up the score in these games when it was a team which is in last place in the ECSHL, and travelled out for these games with a very short bench. It is completely disrespectful IMO to pummel a team in a friendly interlocking game, that is in place for the 'total benefit' of the CWSHL, and the need for that 3 team League to get some
'outside' games to keep things alive. Playing the same two teams all season was proven a total losing proposition.
Believe me, they tried their best to NOT run up the score. No power play used, or PK. Rolled all 3 lines. Was a case of 15 skilled players playing keepaway against 10 guys who wouldnt make either team in this league.

This Eagles team had 10 skaters, entire game was a farce. The Caps game was a little better. Bray stood on his head, otherwise that one would have been 10-2.

Got to give them credit for playing though. Cant be much fun getting beat that bad. Anyway, kids enjoyed it. beats an empty rink I guess.

timbits

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Got to say, St. Johns has a hell of a team, or so it seemed Sunday. They gave the cats everything they could handle and outplayed them for first half of the game in my opinion. The fans all were talking about how it was a great game of hockey. Caps certainly showed they are on par with the CWSHL with this weekends games. If they make the herder, they really should NOT be allowed a half dozen strengthening players... there are no imports in the west now and the caps had tight games that they could've won with a lucky bounce this weekend.. if they're allowed extra players the I guess the CWSHL team should be allowed too.. although i am sure when the time comes the caps will have 6 extra guys..anything to get that herder out east.

• Information