Caribous will look to the East next year for more affordable hockey

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

mr.hockey

Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:27 pm

So for all the people who said we were full of you know what because there was no way that the Caribous were ever going to leave the central west and head east.. Well don';t say you weren;'t warned...The Central west is over as predicted by some people...Now i guess they will finally realize its over and plan for a b league to keep hockey in Central west...Most players will head east....oh well....Going to be great hockey on the Avalon next year .....

catsfan200

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:05 pm

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Tomcod

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Yes Mr Hockey you are a great hockey fan lol.. stay tuned ..

mr.hockey

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Well its the truth...people who know finances and geographical disadvantage have predicted right....I hope hockey stays in your area but it will have to be a league like the west coast....B league...Its the only way it will work...unless they plan a 2 team league......It was destined to happen and now it has....

Tomcod

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Is that what happened to the AESHL ?? HNL are leaving a great legacy with regards to senior hockey on the island .. Mentality, if you cant beat them destroy and downgrade their teams , Get rid of the imports so they wont draw any fans, Sent the Bous and Cats to Corner Brook to play of for the Herder lol what a joke .. Just wait until they send the Eagles and Caps to the west coast to play for the herder lol .. stay tuned ..

mr.hockey

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 pm

I agree it is one screwed up hockey province...When you have people in positions of power for to long this is usually the end result...It becomes all about them...its a sad state of affairs...to be honest it is so bad that noone knows what the heck will happen..

Tomcod

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:10 pm

I have to agree with you mr hockey , its a very sad state of affairs .. stay tuned ..

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:21 pm

There ya go. It's January. Essentially 10 months for those on the East Coast to prepare for next season. 4 teams there now. One dormant (CeeBees). One or 2 more been mentioned wanting to join (the Pearl and Paradise). That's 6. Throw in the Caribous and boom there is the potential for a 7 team league. But alas, wait for the agendas to get in the way. Slightly to have a team shafted again with no league and 2 leagues of 3 teams each. - "Oh, I can see" said the Blind man to his deaf friend. -

Hockey Eyes

Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:42 pm
Is that what happened to the AESHL ?? HNL are leaving a great legacy with regards to senior hockey on the island .. Mentality, if you cant beat them destroy and downgrade their teams , Get rid of the imports so they wont draw any fans, Sent the Bous and Cats to Corner Brook to play of for the Herder lol what a joke .. Just wait until they send the Eagles and Caps to the west coast to play for the herder lol .. stay tuned ..

Tomcod , the Caps will probably win the Herder. Just for the record ...the teams in the CWSHL couldn't afford the imports. HNL saw the way hockey was going and where it is going to wind up is where HNL wanted it. Several amateuir leagues competing in various areas of the province .. east , central west.
The thing about imports is that game of hockey has changed ... People are just not willing to pay the money they used to to watch a style of hockey that is over coached . It is not the spectator sport it once was.. There is no fighting , geez there is hardly dump and chase any more . I think that was true for sure in central . The Caps come out and nearly beat Gander and Grand Falls just skating hards and bumping. They had ZERO payroll.
The future of hockey is bright but it has changed .. Clarenville will be fine in the east. The CeeBees may have learned they aren't allowed to pay players and if they do they will be thrown out again. We will see .Right now I will enjoy the Caps ....Last years Eagles would have eaten the teams in the CWSHL this year but .... that was last year and this is this year ....Woulda,coulda,shoulda ... See you all at the rink... and a tip of my Eagles hat and a wink to those who said last year that the Reids couldn't make the third line of the Caribous or who said this year that Chris Sparkes couldn't get a game in your league.

• Information