Fatally Flawed

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
The Bottom Line
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:37 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm
Yes I do. They do their best. They even tried to keep senior hockey going by moving it in a direction where it could make serious money. Holding in venues like Mile One and The Pepsi Centre was a great idea only IF everyone was on board and there was revenue sharing . Instead there were protests and towns getting involved and a Herder final the next year where tickets cost a fortune and only a few people got to see it.
If that was the right idea to view things in the very very narrow beam of light involving your town I have to ask ..... how did that work out for you. ?
With hockey in Newfoundland on this site it is always somebody else's fault. Somebody is out to get you. Not allowing five fights per player ...Revenue Canada asking that you pay taxes on salaries ... ...teams making a mockery ... not all of them of the salary cap. It goes on and on . Corner Brook and Deer Lake are gone and are part now of an excellent league on the west coast. Unpaid players. There are now a load of teams in the old Avalon East and more looking to get in ...unpaid players ... .. the Clarenville Caribous are now an amateur team ... unpaid players .....
As Bob Dylan said ...you don't have to be a weatherman to see which way the wind is blowin'.

Not to start an argument.....
:lol: don't have to be a plumber to recognize a back up of crap either....lol. And if you believe for a second that there's no paid players in the west or east leagues, you're more naive than suspected. I know for a fact that some are paid.....unless of course those player are lying, which I doubt.

Oh just a fan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

If you guys think players in the west are not getting paid, your dipping into the glue to much. I know for a fact that there are some players on the Royals getting paid. I also know for a fact that PAB paid Jr players a few years back, so you know their paying SR players to play. I also know they offered Cantwell, Champion and Drover money last year to go there.

The Bottom Line

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm

yes, there's money going around and rightfully so. Some just don't want to admit it.

thelionsden

Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Stephen Simms left the Cataracts just days before the season started, to take no $$$$ out West...don't blame him for that either... But don't come on here Hockey Eyes and say players are not getting paid in ALL LEAGUES... bull Crap. And this thing about HNL trying to promote Senior Hockey by hosting the Herder in bigger venues so more people could see it....How did that turn out.. wasn't that around the same time we seen crowds drop off in GFW and Clarenville?

Oh just a fan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:03 pm

They didn’t move to those stadiums so more people could enjoy Hockey either. They moved there hoping more people would come, so they could ultimately make more money for themselves.

mr.hockey

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:52 pm

Players will play pay or not...if everyone eliminated pay and just give the players some equipment and social events they would all play...everyone wants to play hockey
Last edited by mr.hockey on Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 pm
yes, there's money going around and rightfully so. Some just don't want to admit it.

Hey Bottom, can you play "Freaking at the Freakers Ball " by Dr. Hook ?

... thank you, and this is your time :ymapplause: .

superfan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm

All rise :ymapplause:

The Bottom Line

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:13 pm

\M/ \M/

superfan

Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:57 pm

The Bottom Line wrote: