2018-19

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:43 pm

This one is mainly for Mr. Hockey. What exactly do you see happening specifically instead of just in general? You see no more CWSHL as it is today. You see a new East League. Will it operate as ECSHL? Will it be a rebirth of the AESHL? Will it be these two leagues operating and battling for teams and players? If so, what teams land where? Any new teams? Any team left out in the cold? Who plays for the Herder? What’s this talk of changes at HNL? I anticipate your answers to see how right you are come Fall 2018.

mr.hockey

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:01 pm

The way i see it...Avalon east will consist of 6 teams... Or a new named league such as ecshl...
1. Flatrock flyers.. formely the Eagles
2. Ceebees
3. Caribous
4. Mount Pearl
5. Paradise
6. Southern shore

Now as you are aware i stated before and long before the announcement was made that the Caribous were coming east..
The Central west will fold..The only way it will survive is if they go the route the west coast went ,,And by the way they did a great job and fans are loving it...so that could work..The ecshl may live on in name as i feel some of those teams are done because new teams and players and the new executive wont want to deal with the old guard which has destroyed hockey on the avalon...I think it will start out as a tug of war but i feel the Avalon east or whatever they call the new league will win out as the ceebees , clarenville, mount pearl and paradise has already committed...Clarenville has been in meetings about this all winter..they know where exactly they are going...So its common sense and the days of paying players are done..from here on if you want to play in an A league it will be the new league from Clarenville east. You know im an upset fan from cbn who loved all the teams that came into hr.grace to play...Im not hust a ceebees fan...I dont mind one bit if someone comes to hr.grace and beats the ceebees...If the ceebees play next year and dont get to the finals i will still go and watch the finals...I also have a cousin playing for the royals and years ago i had a cousin and when the royals came to hr.grace i was a Royas fan and i still have a place in my heart for the royals...But thats the way i see it..I feel in the next hnl agm that there will be older guys leaving and new blood coming in...i feel its time for a big change and i feel the time is now...

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Fair enough so the Caps and Blues are done? For years the Blues have just been slog for the ride but surprised St. John’s are left out in the cold.

mr.hockey

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:26 pm

players from the blues and caps will play for the mount pearl and paradise teams...there will be a draft and all teams are aloud to protect so many players and the rest goes in the draftlist/...

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Makes sense. Territorial rights I’d assume would prevail. And your first overall selection in the 2018 East draft is: AJ Whiffen. Fun times in the room deciding draft orders. Love to see that as it happens.

mr.hockey

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm

actually he is still property of the Ceebees ...once the ceebees players left to play elsewhere the managers had to sign the back of there card which states they are still property of the team they came from and are able to return the following year..So he is a ceebee and will likely play for them..

Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Ah. Similiar to when Mount Pearl folded I take it. One year absent and they could have their players back.

Tomcod

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 pm

Hey 123 , its not the same as mount pearl , they never folded they asked for a leave of a absent for a year and had an agreement to keep their players protected .. Whereas the cee bees had no league to play in and had to fold .. And by the way players signings are all done electronically not with cards .. I wonder will AJ bepayed the same amount next year or will he get a big raise from the CEE BEES after all he certainly deserves a raise for winning the Herder for them .. stay tuned ..

Stadium Fries

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:45 pm

mr.hockey wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:38 pm
actually he is still property of the Ceebees ...once the ceebees players left to play elsewhere the managers had to sign the back of there card which states they are still property of the team they came from and are able to return the following year..So he is a ceebee and will likely play for them..
You guys out east of the overpass are all assuming that all these paid players are going to come back and play for free. I don't believe it for a second. Many will hang up their skates and the east coast beer can league will be as watered down as ever. Just remember the Herder was won last year by a team of paid players that is why that team is sitting idle this year. Is it not? Enjoy the pond hockey that is coming your way next year. No one here in central including Clarenville wants to look at that type and style of hockey so for the few fans that remain we will move on to other entertainment.

Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:48 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:33 pm
Hey 123 , its not the same as mount pearl , they never folded they asked for a leave of a absent for a year and had an agreement to keep their players protected .. Whereas the cee bees had no league to play in and had to fold .. And by the way players signings are all done electronically not with cards .. I wonder will AJ bepayed the same amount next year or will he get a big raise from the CEE BEES after all he certainly deserves a raise for winning the Herder for them .. stay tuned ..
Tomato, tomato...

• Information