Herder predictions

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
HockeyFan29
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Thoughts on the Herder that opens next weekend. The Caps will be allowed to pick up three strengthening players, not sure if they will as they have a lot of quality players.

I think the Caps will prevail in the Herder this time around, Downer is most definitely the better goalie over Tyler Whiffen. Wally Bray is the best coach in the province, so advantage Caps in that department. The Caribou’s forwards are more skilled but the Caps play with energy and aren’t afraid to hit. I give the Caps the edge on defence, Roger Pender is playing out of his mind tonight, almost Karlsson-esque. Druken is the toughest player on the island and brings the intimation factor.

Caps in six!

goboosgo

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:03 pm
Thoughts on the Herder that opens next weekend. The Caps will be allowed to pick up three strengthening players, not sure if they will as they have a lot of quality players.

I think the Caps will prevail in the Herder this time around, Downer is most definitely the better goalie over Tyler Whiffen. Wally Bray is the best coach in the province, so advantage Caps in that department. The Caribou’s forwards are more skilled but the Caps play with energy and aren’t afraid to hit. I give the Caps the edge on defence, Roger Pender is playing out of his mind tonight, almost Karlsson-esque. Druken is the toughest player on the island and brings the intimation factor.

Caps in six!
Druken may intimidate in the east league but in the games I saw when they played the Central West league he was like a lost puppy.

HockeyFan29

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:55 pm

He’d take any one on, toughest guy playing senior hockey in the province. Good stay at home d-man with a nice shot too, scored the Caps first goal tonight on the power play. He also plays with the best defenceman on the island in Pender as well, great pair.

HockeyFan29

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:56 pm

Roger Pender that is. I know there’s a Pender with you guys too.

AEfan

Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:48 am

@hockeyfan29 you are seriously out to lunch

Oh just a fan

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:01 am

Man 29 stay off the site.

Downers a great goalie but no way far better that Tyler. The Caps D aren’t even close to the top D in the island. The Bous have Pender, Roach, Dyke, Mcnamarra (prob spelt wrong) Smith all whom I’d take over any Caps D.

Now you state that Druken will keep the Bous intact, sure he may try this but there’s no way the Bous will fall for his crap. They are used to this type of antic from the Cats with Lewis and Hoffe. Drunken won’t bring anything to the table that the bys haven’t already done. I get that Druken is prob the strongest player in the island but he won’t be a factor in this series.

#1BousFan

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:03 am

The Games might be close but I predict Bous in 6
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Oh just a fan

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:55 am

I’d love to see a long close series but for some reason I don’t see the Caps winning a game.

Now before someone says we all said the same thing last year about the Stars. Well I didn’t. But also this Caps team ain’t that Stars team. Also I’ve taken into consideration that the Caps didn’t pick up any players last time they went to the Herder and I see them not picking up any players again, and this time much like the last time they will regret it.

Oh just a fan

Plus the Caps aren’t even by the Shore yet.

HockeyFan29

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:27 am

Oh just a fan wrote:
Plus the Caps aren’t even by the Shore yet.
They will be before the weekend is over, the Shore managed to scrounge up a couple wins mainly on a few lucky bounces in this series but their luck ends there, Caps will take it tomorrow night, I know for a fact.

As for the Herder you guys will be in for quite the surprise from this Caps team. They have energy, intensity, and grit, none of which the Caribou’s have, just a bunch of high priced talent out for a pay cheque. Coach Bray is the best coach on the island and this will show in the Herder.

• Information