Herder Officiating

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Zekie
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:30 am

Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:02 pm
Yea he did for sure. As a linesman tho. Still a wicket accomplishment either way.

Also just noticing Zekie in your above message the part about taking a ref to task when they do a crap game and praising them when they’re good. I’d love to agree, but however no one ever complements a ref when they do a good job. I’ve yet to see more than 5 posts in the history of this site. And I’ve been around since the Deer Lake Red Wings form before this one. I have however seen 100’s of topics about them when they’re crap.
I agree that officials never get the recognition they deserve when they do a good job. But the game is not about the officials even though they do play a significant part. That's why you won't see many posts praising on ice officials. But the fact that this topic is here on this forum is indicative of something problematic. Its my opinion that when on ice officials do a good job they should never be noticed or mentioned as a factor in the game or its outcome.

newfiebullet110

Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:44 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:26 pm
Zekie opinions are allowed, I just curious to as whom you would want to ref. That’s all. We have no refs left cause of this site basically.

And no Bousfan I’m not related to a ref. I used to ref tho that’s all. And I gave it up years back due to the slanderous comments on this site, and in places throughout the town.

I don’t know for a minute why anyone still referees to be honest, Little pay, babysitter to overgrown men and give up every weekend for get **** on the following week. Personally I’d be very surprised if in 5-10 years we have no refs at all left. Kids aren't signing up to be refs like they used to, and I know that the so called “grownups” bashing them in the stands, rinks, and outside of those rinks are the mains reasons we have no refs left.

“Little pay” right there with that statement you tell all of us you know nothing about the amount refs are getting or how it works. Please don’t pretend to

Oh just a fan

Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Ok.....

125 a game. Linesman make 67.50.
That’s at the Sr level too, refs make crap all to do a minor hockey game on a weekend to get crapped on by hockey moms and dads too.

I know more than you know, that I can grant you for sure.

superfan

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm

I know various calls on the ice are contraversial, but I think the refs should get way more, given the fact they have to take so much abuse, and are always held to the highest standard .

... in my opinion, they maintain that standard, but are still raked over the coals .

Hockey Eyes

Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm

superfan wrote:
I know various calls on the ice are contraversial, but I think the refs should get way more, given the fact they have to take so much abuse, and are always held to the highest standard .

... in my opinion, they maintain that standard, but are still raked over the coals .

Super were you out to Jack Byrne on the weekend ???/and .... well done for the Bous .They deserved to win . We'll see them on the ice next year somewhere I'm sure ...Have a safe summer and keep your stick on the ice.

superfan

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 am

Thanks Hockey Eyes . I was unable to make it to the Jack, because of work . My stick will be on the ice, but right now it is adorned with green and yellow tape, and attached to the light pole in front of my house, in memory of the Humbolt Broncos :( .

.... you have your self a great summer, and probably sometime we can get together for a plate of fries ?

#1BousFan

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:13 am

I thought the refs did a great job in Game 4, The tall ref that is very comical & razzes back at u was one of the goal judges Sat night, Had a chat with as well, Real nice guy to talk to
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Flyer24

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:38 am

According to the webcast they had 2 backup officials ready to go for all games and were acting as goal judges. So see, HNL did learn something from last years fiasco lol. I watched game 3 online, and parts of Game 4. All officials seemed to do a great job in my opinion.

#1BousFan

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 pm
superfan wrote:

Super were you out to Jack Byrne on the weekend ???/and .... well done for the Bous .They deserved to win . We'll see them on the ice next year somewhere I'm sure ...Have a safe summer and keep your stick on the ice.
I was there, Thanks for asking lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Hockey Eyes

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:41 pm

superfan wrote:

Heard you on the radio this morning with Paddy . Good job . You were most gracious. Paddy didn't say much. I though he might have offered an opinion on how hockey will look next year. . I guess he is like the rest of us. He doesn't know. He was president of the league for a year but I haven't seen much of him this year. ....I am told there will be clarity before the end of April on a possible new league but the person who told me that is the same cfhap who said the fourth team ... Paradise ...is in place but I haven't heard a sound about that from anywhere else.

• Information