This weekends games

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
goboosgo
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:06 pm

Fans saw two great games of fast paced hockey with lots of hard checks from both teams.
The Caps came out strong on Saturday night going up 2-0 before the Caribous regrouped and came away with a 4-3 win.
On Sunday afternoon the Caps went up 1-0 before the Caribous took control and came away with a 5-2 victory.
The Caps have a well balanced lineup. Druken is way too slow for this pace and cost his team dearly this weekend, like a pylon on the ice and taking stupid penalties trying to be the tough guy.
It's off to Torbay next weekend and hopefully the Caribous can close out the series.

The Bottom Line

Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:28 pm

I agree. Bous looked like they were on cruise control, no sence of urgency whatsoever. The bous have another gear or 2, I've seen it several times. Caps won't win a game with Druken on the ice. Rosie and the Delaney's eyes light up when they see him out there. I suspect he'll try to overcompensate in the next couple games, giving the Bous some power plays. The Caps would be much better off with a young Dman with some speed. The toughness or intimidation factor will not work against the bous veterans. They are way beyond that..... And ya can hit what ya can catch!!!

goboosgo

Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
I agree. Bous looked like they were on cruise control, no sence of urgency whatsoever. The bous have another gear or 2, I've seen it several times. Caps won't win a game with Druken on the ice. Rosie and the Delaney's eyes light up when they see him out there. I suspect he'll try to overcompensate in the next couple games, giving the Bous some power plays. The Caps would be much better off with a young Dman with some speed. The toughness or intimidation factor will not work against the bous veterans. They are way beyond that..... And ya can hit what ya can catch!!!
#17 reminds me of #44 so the Bous have seen that type of pylon before.

superfan

Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:04 am

Hey Bottom, you have youself a great summer, and all the very best to all the great folks in Catland . You are alll a class act, and I wish you all nothing, but the very best .

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:08 am

goboosgo wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:44 pm
The Bottom Line wrote:
#17 reminds me of #44 so the Bous have seen that type of pylon before.

But #44 wasn't on the ice every other shift......and #17 couldn't tie his laces :lol:

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:11 am

superfan wrote:
Hey Bottom, you have youself a great summer, and all the very best to all the great folks in Catland . You are alll a class act, and I wish you all nothing, but the very best .
You too super, and congrats on your upcoming Herder win unless something goes really sideways, and it will need to be more than a "non-goal" to turn this one around... ;-)

superfan

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
superfan wrote:
You too super, and congrats on your upcoming Herder win unless something goes really sideways, and it will need to be more than a "non-goal" to turn this one around... ;-)
Thanks Bottom, can you play a song for all the great folkes out in Bouville ?

The Bottom Line

Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:51 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 pm
The Bottom Line wrote:
superfan wrote:
Thanks Bottom, can you play a song for all the great folkes out in Bouville ?
No sweat super, here's a brace lol......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmd4OLzhQw0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdv2p9NX3l0

superfan

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 pm

Hold on now, I puts on me wig I'll step er out for ya :ymapplause:

• Information