TWO 'CENTRAL' SENIOR TEAMS WANT HOCKEY KEPT ALIVE

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:10 am

By reading that, It sounds promising for everyone, Hope they can make it all work out
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

titan

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am

So what happened to the hard and fast deadline? More delay tactics? Will we see what's happening with Senior Hockey in NL in October as usual?

aseyeseesit

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:58 am

Final details for a new hockey set up for all regions of the province were exchanged among all interested parties by the deadline (earlier this week) that had been agreed to by all...
Now the actual 'on the ground' decision on configurations, scheduling/cost etc factors must be nailed down. "The devil is always in the [final] details"...

thelionsden

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:37 am

Sounds like some people knocked there heads together and may have come up with something that will work for all parties involved. Kudos to those who have been in the trenches to hopefully make this work.

timbits

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:29 am

I am very curious to see what this big plan is, it is certainly very hush hush right now. Looking forward to hopefully a renewed season with different teams in the mix this season.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:12 pm

I'll just tell you what I know. There was an outlined proposal from Seamus O'Keefe presented to the teams that included an "on board single sponsor for a province wide Herder Trophy setup for senior hockey. That would mean leagues in Central , West Coast and East Coast . The sponsor only wanted involvement if everyone was on board. They wanted to be a friend to hockey for ALL of the province not just one or two sections .
I suspect now there is a proposal for at least three leagues and maybe a fourth that would keep Grand Falls and Gander from going dark. I suspect the CeeBees and Mount Pearl and probably the Caribous might go for a trip each to central and some interlocking games.
There are real travel issues which are money issues . A couple of things are certain .....there has to be better accounting of Herder money and nobody can insist where the Herder final is going to be played.
I don't have any inside information on this other than the major sponsor aspect . Again I have an op;en mind but senior hockey in Newfoundland has been a very slimy business and if certain teams are now ready to help and pull on the rope in the same direction... surely .....that is a new-found skill for them.

catsfan200

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:00 am

2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

Flyer24

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:00 am

Interesting. Hopefully something gets worked out. Regardless of the level or caliber of play, some hockey is better than no hockey.

aseyeseesit

Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Decisions are being weighed and we will all know very soon what Senior hockey in NL --- province-wide --- will look like.
One of the big elements of a re-worked new province-wide 'vision' for NL Senior hockey is the effort to draw in a corporate provincial sponsor : "The ' ------ brand(?)' NL Senior Hockey League"... ?
We will see whether the approach committed to will happen?

#1BousFan

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:31 pm

Anyone got anymore news about both leagues?
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

• Information