TWO 'CENTRAL' SENIOR TEAMS WANT HOCKEY KEPT ALIVE

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
GeorgeScott
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 pm

I'm in Winnipeg this week for National Ball Hockey Championships and if I could get $1 for everytime someone asked me what is happening with Sr. Hockey back in NL this coming season I could max out my RRSP. Amazing how much the rest of the country is aware of Sr. Hockey on the Rock. The envy of the rest of the county. Let's not f"&k it up.

#1BousFan

Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 pm

I am waiting patiently for a answer, Hope they make a decision soon lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

hockeydad

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 am

Look to see the CWSHL look like this :
Cats Flyers Bous Cee Bees . Cats vs Flyers maybe 4 home and 4 away . Cats and Flyers will host Cee Bees and Bous for 2 home games each and travel away to Hr Grace and C'Ville for a pair of games each . Cee Bees and Bous likley to play 4 home and 4 away with each other .

Two teams from the WCSHL will interlock with Cats and Flyers in a home and home type of weekend to round out the Flyers and Cats sch.

Four of the ECSHL teams will each play a Home and Home with the Cee Bees and Bous to round out the Cee Bes and Bous sch .

titan

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:39 am

hockeydad wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:38 am
Look to see the CWSHL look like this :
Cats Flyers Bous Cee Bees . Cats vs Flyers maybe 4 home and 4 away . Cats and Flyers will host Cee Bees and Bous for 2 home games each and travel away to Hr Grace and C'Ville for a pair of games each . Cee Bees and Bous likley to play 4 home and 4 away with each other .

Two teams from the WCSHL will interlock with Cats and Flyers in a home and home type of weekend to round out the Flyers and Cats sch.

Four of the ECSHL teams will each play a Home and Home with the Cee Bees and Bous to round out the Cee Bes and Bous sch .
Looks ok, any idea how points would be awarded for a playoff structure?

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:11 pm

I’m sure all teams will make the playoffs. Does the regular season even matter, let alone point structure?

Flyer24

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 am

As long as there's SOME hockey to be watched here on a cold Saturday night in February I think we all win.

a1v

Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am

not much talk or fundraising going on in gander very silent thats one of the worst things with this league.They wait till the last minute and struggle to get through the year.

herder head

Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:10 pm

That's an interesting setup hockey dad, CeeBee fans will get to see at least 7 different visiting teams on the ice in Hr. Grace, not bad! I agree Flyer24, it was a long winter this past season with no senior hockey out here in CBN. Hopefully all centres that want a game of hockey will get one this year! When will there be an official announcement?

Seniorfan

Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 am

a1v wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:29 am
not much talk or fundraising going on in gander very silent thats one of the worst things with this league.They wait till the last minute and struggle to get through the year.

Lots of fundraising in GFW all summer. Golf Tournament, stadium bingos etc. It's not the whole league that waits "till the last minute" and has financial issues during the season.

aseyeseesit

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:07 pm

This week the various team 'operators' , (including the hope-to-be-reborn CeeBees reps), are supposed to be trying to fine-tune actual scheduling and mutual arrangements to be put in place for inter-league play from east to west for the 2018-2019 Season.
.. at least that's the scuttle-butt out here in central.

• Information