Where is the New League ?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 am

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 am
April has come and gone and the promised new league in the east...four teams or five teams ... hasn't emerged. I was told that all would be revealed in April . The person who told me is a key organizer in one of the " new teams". It didn't happen. Anyone know what is going on ? You don't want to organizing hockey in July and August ..
Lol...you should get "new" people to "tell" you stuff cause your "old" people are not very reliable....

Are there any teams from the new league that was formed last year jumping ship back to the AESHL? I'm hearing at least 2 are seriously considering it. That may leave 2 without a game if it happens.

titan

Sun May 06, 2018 8:59 am

Look for NL born players Jordan Escott, Justin Pender, Brandon Hynes AJ Whiffen and Ryan Desrosier ( if he wants) to be at the Growlers training camp.

Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 pm

titan wrote:
Look for NL born players Jordan Escott, Justin Pender, Brandon Hynes AJ Whiffen and Ryan Desrosier ( if he wants) to be at the Growlers training camp.
Oh God. I wonder will they give me my $200 back in deposits. I figured the E was going to be glorified Senior hockey with the odd prospect tossed in there.

titan

Sun May 06, 2018 2:20 pm

123 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:04 pm
titan wrote:
Oh God. I wonder will they give me my $200 back in deposits. I figured the E was going to be glorified Senior hockey with the odd prospect tossed in there.
Maybe if you call quick enough...

I'm not sure what you think the quality of hockey the ECHL is but I guarantee you the above mentioned players would not look out of place on any team in that league

Gomez

Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm

titan wrote:
ECHL has a salary cap of $12,400 a week, meaning the average player salary is roughly $550 a week. These players are used to getting more than that to play senior on top of their day jobs. I don't suspect you will see many players giving up their careers or day jobs to play hockey in a dead end league for minimum wage.

titan

Mon May 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Gomez wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm
titan wrote:
ECHL has a salary cap of $12,400 a week, meaning the average player salary is roughly $550 a week. These players are used to getting more than that to play senior on top of their day jobs. I don't suspect you will see many players giving up their careers or day jobs to play hockey in a dead end league for minimum wage.
True but there are hundreds of guys willing to do it. I agree it is a dead end league.

I still wouldn't be surprised to see some of these guys at training camp. A little local flavor would go a long way to help sell the product I think.

Oh just a fan

Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Why wouldn’t Short not be included here I wonder. We all hate on him a lot. But one thing we can all agree on is that he’s a heck of a player when he wants to focus on hockey.

aseyeseesit

Mon May 07, 2018 8:45 pm

While this topic was intended to be about a 'new' Senior "A" NL Hockey League, the comments currently are centering on what players from the current Senior "A" hockey teams would consider playing in the new St.John's ECHL entry....
Almost all of the 5 or 6 players' names referenced presently have full time good paying jobs in St.John's or area, so why would any of them bother with this new ECHL team , since presumably to be on such a team the players will spend their winter out of the province with only a portion of the games in St.John's . Surely those Senior "A" players wouldn't quit their full time good-paying day jobs to go on the road for part time ECHL hockey pay and no other job. Doesn't make sense... except maybe for a very minimal 'couple' of the current "former pro players" in our NL Senior hockey, who may not have real solid full-time current day jobs.

And, by the way, what about the 'new' Senior "A" NL hockey League this thread was supposed to be about?

Oh just a fan

Mon May 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Sorry we won’t get off topic again......

Hockey Eyes

Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 am

titan wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 am
Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 am
April has come and gone and the promised new league in the east...four teams or five teams ... hasn't emerged. I was told that all would be revealed in April . The person who told me is a key organizer in one of the " new teams". It didn't happen. Anyone know what is going on ? You don't want to organizing hockey in July and August ..

Are there ANY teams from the new league that was formed last year jumping ship back to the AESHL? I'm HEARING at least 2 are seriously CONSIDERING it. That MAY leave 2 without a game IF it happens.

Can you be even more vague?

• Information