Growlers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:55 pm

Anyone see any of the games played? Are the Growlers any good. What level of hockey is it?. How far below AHL?

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:18 pm

It’s significantly below AHL. Think. These players are in the ECHL because they can’t make the NHL and the AHL. Most of these players will be free to sign with any AHL team if they need a player to fill an AHL roster spot if they need a body due to callup or injury. You will see a few go up and come right back down. They won’t have any impact in the AHL. I recall many players who IceCaps called up on an emergency basis. Only 2 ever really stuck. Josh Lunden and Kael Mouillerat. Both hardly would be considered great players at the AHL level.

#1BousFan

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 pm

The game I seen, It was real fast hockey, It was entertaining
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

herder head

Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 pm

Now that the CeeBees are booted out of senior hockey, the missus and I will spend our money on watching the Growlers instead of watching the CeeBees at home and on the road. We will be spending our money now in St. John's instead of gas stations, restaurants and hotels in Clarenville, Gander, and Grand Falls. And there's a good number of other fans from out around the bay who will be doing the same thing.

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 pm

#1BousFan wrote:
I hope it continues to Mile One. I have my same seat as I did for SJmapleleafs, SJfogdevils, IceCaps version 1.0, IceCaps version 2.0 and now Growlers.

#1BousFan

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:26 pm

123 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 pm
#1BousFan wrote:
I hope it continues to Mile One. I have my same seat as I did for SJmapleleafs, SJfogdevils, IceCaps version 1.0, IceCaps version 2.0 and now Growlers.
It should be some good hockey out to Mile One, The Growlers got a big team, Lot of them are over 6"0, A lot of people I talked to really enjoyed the game, I will take in a game out to Mile One real soon I'd say, I am hoping to anyways lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

canonball

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 pm

herder head wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:43 pm
Now that the CeeBees are booted out of senior hockey, the missus and I will spend our money on watching the Growlers instead of watching the CeeBees at home and on the road. We will be spending our money now in St. John's instead of gas stations, restaurants and hotels in Clarenville, Gander, and Grand Falls. And there's a good number of other fans from out around the bay who will be doing the same thing.
Good for you .By the way from what is going around the cb’s didn’t get booted out of hockey this year ,they left on their own ,go figure hey

canonball

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:54 pm

Should be good hockey ,what I seen this weekend was entertaining,fast ,the nl team looks like a big team

top cheese

Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 pm

ECHL is about as good as Senior AAA. Most of the players are low end Major Junior NCAA players and a few CIS players. Most hope to catch on in Europe for a couple of years. Wont see many players progess to full time NHL entry contracts or even full time AHLers

For those who followed the AHL in st. johns think of the players the ICe caps called up'd outside Moullierat. The players were clearly at a lower level.

If we still had imports would be a great opporitunity for NSHL to bring in new players

Hockey Eyes

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:25 am

I'll give them a look. In many ways I like their " imperfections". The AHL never really attracted me. It was a developmental league. It became a " make no mistakes" league . Players were groomed to play the hockey the parent team played. Winning and entertaining wasn't the primary goal of the AHL in latter years. It was developing players into a system. The influence of the NHL team on the
Leafs or Ice Caps was incredible. Very skilled hockey though . I still preferred our own senior . That's why the Growlers might get me. Especially if they have a big team. I like big hockey.
Still I am going to the Newfoundland Senior Hockey league to see who is playing and who isn't and to see if there are enough players to staff all the teams.
October is great ...new season ...fresh ice. no score . I wish I was playing with my old rec crowd again. I miss that. .

• Information