New league rules !!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
newfiebullet110
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Got a question for the powers to be who I know are on this site. Could you produce a copy of the constitution for the new league for fans to see how it will operate. There are so many questions ! How will trades work ? What will be the salary cap ? I can go on and on with questions. Please tell us how this gong show of a league will operate !!!

Hockey Eyes

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm

I think one of the new rules is that you have to tell the league and the other teams how many fans were ACTUALLY at your games..

SAMCRO

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm

Do we really have a league?Will paid players be allowed? According to another post the Gander
Flyers have already signed an Import Goalie;; Where are they playing? I am sure this person is
not coming for free..Here we go again "One -Up=Man- Ship alive and well..I read somewhere
and they were quoting "Ivan" the Bous were only expecting about 50% of last year's players
returning AND Russell & Churchill were on the doubtful list..The reasoning behind the statement
was NO PAID PLAYERS..Looks like we are heading towards a "BROWN ENVELOPE" league..
Stay tuned....

#1BousFan

Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:58 pm

SAMCRO wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:30 pm
Do we really have a league?Will paid players be allowed? According to another post the Gander
Flyers have already signed an Import Goalie;; Where are they playing? I am sure this person is
not coming for free..Here we go again "One -Up=Man- Ship alive and well..I read somewhere
and they were quoting "Ivan" the Bous were only expecting about 50% of last year's players
returning AND Russell & Churchill were on the doubtful list..The reasoning behind the statement
was NO PAID PLAYERS..Looks like we are heading towards a "BROWN ENVELOPE" league..
Stay tuned....
From what I was told from several people, The Flyers & Cats are still allowed to play players
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

aseyeseesit

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:15 pm

There is an umbrella arrangement - the new NLSHL - if I can describe it in that way...
There are 5 teams in an East "Division", [Clarenville opted to leave CWSHL and join ECSHL and operate under 'east' rules], (ECSHL Constitution), which Division will operate under the governance and 'rules' of the ECSHL Constitution: [For illustration, on one topic:(1) the ECSHL operates with no pay for players].
There are two teams in the Central "Division", ( GFW/Gander as the only two teams left from the CWSHL), that will operate under the governance and 'rules' of the CWSHL Constitution: [For illustration, on one topic:(1) the CWSHL allows 'per diem' pay to players]...
So, the Cats and Flyers players will be paid this season, as is outlined specifically in the CWSHL Constitution.
The desire of HNL in its announced Strategic Plan, is to work toward one single League that does not allow pay for players. That is not happening this year ... and into the future, (HNL has made indication apparently, that it will be next year(?), a no pay circumstance will be a very problematic reality for central NL,(specifically GFW and Gander current teams). There are simply very few - certainly not enough for a minimum, regular roster team - 17 players including two goalies. There are just not the enough players living off the Avalon to ice two teams, as far as GFW and Gander would be concerned. That is why we entice players to commit to travel out here by paying them - otherwise there are simply not enough players to operate a Senior "A:" League.
Look at the west coast League, they will now be operating for a third year, and they still have very little hope with the minimal supply of players out west to actually get the necessary "A" designation to participate in provincial Herder play. HNL once again designated them "B" this Season.
So, the caliber will eventually have to come down right across NL to enable the HNL "vision"/"Strategic Plan" to work across the board , and permit teams from all over NL to play in the Provincial Herder Play - that HNL 'runs' in this province.

newfiebullet110

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm
I think one of the new rules is that you have to tell the league and the other teams how many fans were ACTUALLY at your games..
Stop hijacking threads with your constant belittling of the ceebees organization. We are all sick of it.

newfiebullet110

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Aseyeseeit still doesn’t answer many questions. What happens when a player gets traded from the central to the east coast. All of a sudden he has no choice but to play for free !! That’s BS.

Players think that this new setup is a joke and rightfully so !!

SAMCRO

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:37 pm

After reading this info about the rules for the East Division, I cant see the BOUS having a
team (competive or otherwise) without paid players.Do we really expect last years team
to return and play for FREE.. I dont think so...Time will tell..Hope I am wrong.......

Seniorfan

Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm

newfiebullet110 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:06 pm
Aseyeseeit still doesn’t answer many questions. What happens when a player gets traded from the central to the east coast. All of a sudden he has no choice but to play for free !! That’s BS.

Players think that this new setup is a joke and rightfully so !!
You'd rather have NO HOCKEY?? I don't care about all these questions. That's between the teams and the players. No reason for fans to be informed about who's paid and who's not. Just glad there's hockey. Teams have worked it out and agreed.

The Puck

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:02 pm

I can't see how teams are going to bet GF-W and Gander if they are allowed paid players and the other teams are not allowed paid players.I don't see this league being a balanced league so then they will lose fans.

• Information