News from CWSHL Site :

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:12 pm

http://centralwesthockey.ca/news.php?news_id=5870

CATS/FLYERS DRAFT NIGHT TOMORROW - SCHEDULE FOR SEASON ALSO COMING OUT TOMORROW

The cats and Flyers will be finalizing picking new players tomorrow night to join their rosters for the up-coming Season.
The first Draft of the 2018-2019 Season concludes tomorrow night, when the CWSHL and its two remaining teams reps from GFW and Gander meet to confirm new player selections and confirm as well the Schedule for the Season. Play officially begins on the weekend of Sat./Sun. Nov.17/18th with Gander playing GFW at the 'Joe Byrne' on Saturday night, with a usual 7:30 start... The Cats then travel on Sunday afternoon to Gander to complete the weekend set between the two central rivals.
(The east teams of the ECSHL, which includes Clarenville this season will commence play ahead of the CWSHL, under the new provincial co-operative arrangement that will involve east teams and central teams interlocking games with each other this Season under the new NLSHL facilitated through HockeyNL and the 7 east and central teams.
[2018-10-16 09:18:42]
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

SAMCRO
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:46 pm

What is on the go with this new league? Visited the ticket booth at EEC today for concert tickets.
Asked about Senior Hockey..They know nothing, strange this late in the season..Also heard the
Bous would not have a team this season.. then you read on here Cats and Flyers holding a
draft, signing Import Goalie, allowed to pay players...And now we expect Clarenville to compete
with this and unable to pay players..Dream on people..

Oh just a fan

Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Who needs to dream on? It’s Clarenvilles choice to not pay players. Just as it’s the other east teams choice. And the Bous not icing a team doesn’t surprise me at all for a minute. Now that they’re not paying players of course players aren’t going to agree to play.

SAMCRO

Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:56 pm
Who needs to dream on? It’s Clarenvilles choice to not pay players. Just as it’s the other east teams choice. And the Bous not icing a team doesn’t surprise me at all for a minute. Now that they’re not paying players of course players aren’t going to agree to play.
Not surprised to hear this remark from a Cats fan..A 7 team league with a different set
of rules for a couple of teams.. STUPID AND SILLY..Not going to work..

canonball

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:31 pm

I guess that the cats and flyers will have some intense games this year . How many games do they play each other ,sure that there will be sell out at the joe

Seniorfan

Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:39 pm

canonball wrote:
I guess that the cats and flyers will have some intense games this year . How many games do they play each other ,sure that there will be sell out at the joe
Four at the Joe. No big deal. But so many seem so quick to want to put a negative spin on everything. Like I said before it's like there are some people who prefer to gloat about the league not working than see it succeed and have hockey to watch. Fans????

rick

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 pm

The bous should have the best team . Don't everyone play there just for the love of the game ?

aseyeseesit

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:41 pm

For all intents and purposes, the two surviving teams in the CWSHL from GFW and Gander will do their thing, with 1/2 of the full 20 game schedule having 10 games integrated in it with the 5 teams in the East - very similar to last year really, except the Bous opted to gear 'down' financially and be part of the "East".
And, speaking of the East, one of the rumours I am hearing about this year's play is that the East may be expected to be stronger this year than last - a number of the high level players from Clarenville - Pender, Roach(?), Delaneys, Desrosieres - and maybe others like Roberts,Slaney(?) etc may play out that way?
Anyway, this year really amounts to a "save the central teams" strategy, because those two teams are in fact up and ready and in existence,(and CeeBees are a 'work in flux' for this season).
So, thanks to the east teams, HNL and the survival instincts of GFW/Gander, there will be Senior "A" hockey beyond the overpass again this year - just like last year. We can only see what next year will bring. More question marks no doubt.
There is no ready solution as to how to keep a Senior "A" level of hockey going in this province. But, I am personally , at least, thankful there is Senior "A" (Herder eligible) hockey for another year ...

canonball

Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
canonball wrote:
Four at the Joe. No big deal. But so many seem so quick to want to put a negative spin on everything. Like I said before it's like there are some people who prefer to gloat about the league not working than see it succeed and have hockey to watch. Fans????
No negative spin on anything here just saying it like it is .A little piss that there is no hockey here this year . My hats is off to Ivan he has done everything to bring hockey back here but I don’t think that it is going to play out . Starting to look pretty bleak

Seniorfan

Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 pm

canonball wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:52 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
canonball wrote:
No negative spin on anything here just saying it like it is .A little piss that there is no hockey here this year . My hats is off to Ivan he has done everything to bring hockey back here but I don’t think that it is going to play out . Starting to look pretty bleak
Assuming the worst case scenario and making dire predictions before anything has happened is pretty much the definition of "putting a negative spin" on things.

• Information