Blues and the Breakers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm

The Conception Bay Blues are "up the Shore" at the Southern Shore Arena for a game with the Breakers. The Breakers have been underachieving this year. They should be better. They have added Cadigan and Yetman from the Eagles still they struggle.. I am still not sure the Blues are real ... but they keep on winning. I can't get to the game .... family AND .. Grey Cup. If anyone knows the score... let me know.

AEfan

Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:38 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm
The Conception Bay Blues are "up the Shore" at the Southern Shore Arena for a game with the Breakers. The Breakers have been underachieving this year. They should be better. They have added Cadigan and Yetman from the Eagles still they struggle.. I am still not sure the Blues are real ... but they keep on winning. I can't get to the game .... family AND .. Grey Cup. If anyone knows the score... let me know.
Not sure why you think a 3-1 SS team is ‘struggling’. They haven’t played anywhere near their potential I’ll agree there. It happens early in a season and especially when guys are missing games due to work, injury, etc. You’re almost as bad as hockeyfan29

Hockey Eyes

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:47 am

No offense meant. I saw the Blues- Breakers in CBS AFTER the Breakers added Cadigan and Yetman and the Breakers didn't look good. They lost big and got pushed around a bit.by the Blues. I mentioned the Breakers were struggling because the other teams in the league this year the Caps and the Eagles are weak. I expected more from the Breakers against the only other team .( besides Clarenville) ..the Blues. I am sure the Breakers will be heard from bedfore the season is over. It is early but it is early for all the teams. .
Someone called me to say the Blues beat the Breakers again last nigh (SUN)t this time in their own rink last night 4-2. . Don;t know anything about the game but my friend said the Breakers had lots of shots.. Were you there ? None of the media cover senior hockey. . I'm not against the Breakers or for them. I'm just a hockey fan.

AEfan

Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

I was at the game and the score ended up 5-3 with CB Blues scoring 3 maybe even 4 PP goals. Breakers had nearly 60 shots according to the scoreboard and imo outplayed the Blues nearly all game long. Anyone else that watched will probably say the same. CBS are a nice team with good goaltending. They can’t match the SS speed but are a big team. The refereeing was one of the worst I’ve seen in a very long time.

HockeyFan29

Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:25 pm

All this talk about the Breakers having a great team this season and there isn’t a roster to be found online anywhere. I’m still skeptical about them having a good team but if someone could provide a roster for them I’d appreciate it.

hockeydad

Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:17 pm

sadly the east does very little with web pages / team face book pages to keep fans informed . the cee bees did a decent job when they where at it , the lady from atlantic lotto i think did their stuff .maybe now that the leagues are merged you may see more info posted .

Hockey Eyes

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:18 pm

Is this the draft weekend for the league ??? I wonder if there is anything on the go.... I heard the Eagles got draft picks for Cadigan and Yetman but that means nothing if there is nothing substantial in the draft...

AEfan

Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:29 pm

Sadly the only place I think you will find rosters would be from game programs found at the arena gates on gamedays

Flyer24

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:18 am

Not sure how up to date it is, but the rosters for all teams are listed on the website. I know the Flyers team list is accurate.

http://nshl.ca/index.php

aseyeseesit

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:02 am

I have communicated with Jack Casey,(I believe he is "ECSHL" President), and he has explained that the various east teams 'reps' , who had volunteered to keep up to date things like stats, standings and rosters etc for east teams, have been having technical difficulties and a learning curve, I am guessing, working with the new 'system of team site entries protocols and integrating with the new NSHL website format, to which all teams have been working to 'connect' with ...
I also understand the east team reps and executive were meeting (again) last night to try and get all bugs and issues sorted so there could be some stability and credibility re posting information on games , stats etc on the various websites.
Hopefully, things like rosters, stats etc will soon,(if not 'now' - after last night's meeting - ), be finally fully accurate and operational?

• Information