Webcast Cataracts/Flyers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
hockeydad
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:47 pm

So the Cee Bees exc would not participate as they clearly stated the purposed setup was not goIng to work in their opinion so they opted out and took a lot of flax on this form for doing so. They will probably even get blamed for the present fiscal that's unfolding now . This season / set up is an embarrassment to the players and most importantly fans who chose to spend their money on this entertainment. Clearly this is broken . Let's hope some new fresh people can come forward next year and get hockey in all regions .

AEfan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 am

Stadium Fries wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:44 pm
AEfan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:46 pm
#1BousFan wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 pm

If it wasn't for the east teams, You guys prob would not have had any senior hockey the year
This is a fact
How the heck is this a fact. Let's see so far the Carbous cancelled their games in Central. Now the Eagles have cancelled their game as well. Then according to the talk on here the Caps are not coming as well. So how is it that the East teams are the reason that the Cats and Flyers have hockey this year. So far all they have had is extra expenses by showing up to games that they were scheduled to play in the East and no chance to get some money back at their home games when the East coast teams refused to show up in Central.
This is a fact simply because the 4 East teams agreed to include the central teams in a “provincial” NSHL (-WCSHL) setup with the apparent backing from a sponsor to incur fees for the East teams to travel to central. Hockey NL backed this and hence GFW and Gander could continue in a league playing out of their communities. There is the fact inquiry.

Since that travel money no longer exists, the east teams will not take on a loan or go into the red or anything of that nature to go to central to play. If people on here want to direct blame it shouldn’t be towards the East teams. Latest word is the Breakers are travelling to central this weekend but the Eagles are not. I believe the Central teams are helping to make this happen.

Flyer24

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:45 am

So far the only team that's been to Gander has been the Cats. They have all been excellent hockey games, however not all folks are die hard fans. I know a lot of people who were looking forward to attending the games this weekend just to see a different opponent. Having said that, if a weaker team from the East is coming with 12 skaters, as the Eagles did last year, is there really any point?

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done. the Top teams from the East will come as they hope to play in the Herder. The weaker teams will not.

Stadium Fries

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am

Flyer24 wrote:
So far the only team that's been to Gander has been the Cats. They have all been excellent hockey games, however not all folks are die hard fans. I know a lot of people who were looking forward to attending the games this weekend just to see a different opponent. Having said that, if a weaker team from the East is coming with 12 skaters, as the Eagles did last year, is there really any point?

Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done. the Top teams from the East will come as they hope to play in the Herder. The weaker teams will not.
Don't count on it. Word at the Joe last night was that the Caribous are not coming out next weekend as rescheduled.

SAMCRO

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am

Stadium Fries wrote:
Flyer24 wrote:

Don't count on it. Word at the Joe last night was that the Caribous are not coming out next weekend as rescheduled.
The Schedule for the next 2 weekends show the Caribous playing at the EEC. First the
St. John's Caps and then the Southern Shore Breakers..Under those circumstances how and why
would you expect them to be in Grand Falls at the same time..I know the Bous are fast but
really this is a bet much..On another note IMO the Bous, Cats and Flyers are a GOOD notch above
the East teams..predict a Bous/Flyers Herder series and then that's "all she wrote".

Stadium Fries

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm

SAMCRO wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:48 am
Stadium Fries wrote:
Flyer24 wrote:

The Schedule for the next 2 weekends show the Caribous playing at the EEC. First the
St. John's Caps and then the Southern Shore Breakers..Under those circumstances how and why
would you expect them to be in Grand Falls at the same time..I know the Bous are fast but
really this is a bet much..On another note IMO the Bous, Cats and Flyers are a GOOD notch above
the East teams..predict a Bous/Flyers Herder series and then that's "all she wrote".
I apologize Samco. Caribous are on the Cats schedule for January 26th. Not next weekend as I stated earlier. Still the word is that they are not make that trip as well. Therefore they should not qualify for the Herder Championship should that happen. There has to be some consequences in not fulfilling your agreed upon schedule.

Seniorfan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:31 pm

I heard from someone I consider reliable that the Caribous will be in GFW in a couple of weeks as scheduled. Only Eagles and Caps not living up to their commitments.

Flyer24

Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:44 pm

I was told Clarenville would be out, but it will be later in the season and will play 2 games, 1 in Gander and one in GFW.

Hockey Eyes

Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Boys you still don't get it. The Central League is done like dinner. There are TWO teams left. Clarenville has come east and I expect will win it although teams in the east are adding players after Christmas. Mike Druken is coming back to the Caps for instance. Now if I am a player in the eats ... and not getting paid...why should I give up my weekend to go to Grand Falls to play against paid hockey players... Let me tell you ...I'm not going.!!! I was born at night but not LAST night.
The east league is alive and well . Clarenville has been a real addition . I know the Blues in CBS and the The Breakers. down the shore .. can't wait to see them again ...
The Herder??? If there are two centres that pay hockey players despite the fact attendance sucks... let them and they want to play for the Herder...Good luck to them ... I suspect though Clarenville could beat either one of them ...
HNL had good intentions but you can't MAKE amateur players play hockey against semi-pros.

titan

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:33 pm

All is not well behind the scenes in your east league like you want to portray and I'm pretty sure you know why. You ARE not the only one that knows people and players from the east league. I agree the central league is done and should have never have given it a go this season but empty promises from HNL and some teams in the east led them to believe it was worth a shot.

Look for a new league in the east next year, one league will pay players and one will not.

• Information