Breakers vs Cats

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
catsfan200

Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:41 pm

Check this news out on Cats website : http://www.gfwcataracts.ca/news.php?news_id=6373

So Gander and Cats February 2nd 3rd then weekend after Cville and Blues
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:05 am

Nicely done, sad it had to come to this tho.

leafsfan2028

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:48 am

it is sad but I guess if you cant be faithful to the schedule you deserve what comes to you as a team at the end by hnl

thelionsden

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am

Those Sanctions are good but they don't go far enough. Their are no chance of either of those teams going to the Herder this year or the next, so that is no sweat off there backs. I'd like to see those teams suspended for one year. Not the players, but the organization and those making the decisions.

canonball

Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:39 am

Another nail in the senior hockey league.I know that once committed to play the games they should be played but do people honestly think that players should leave their own home town for a week end to play hockey and come home with far less money in their pockets than they left with .With the way things are going with the economy it is hard to expect a married person to fart out money just so we can watch some hockey ..What are they getting out of this .Gander and Windsor players are getting paid which makes a big difference . Wait and see if this will work for either of them next year the way fan attendance is down

titan

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:21 am

Do you think it's only Cats and Flyers players that are being paid? Problems In the east league as well Canon. Players and teams are not real happy how things are going down. Some players were pissed 8n Deer lake when they found out some guys were getting paid and some were not and it cost them.

thelionsden

Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:01 pm

Their are players being paid on your Clarenville team Cannon....don't try and tell people they are not. I don't be grudge anyone making a few bucks on a weekend playing hockey. Pender, Delaney, the reids ETC....their all getting something..do I know how much? ..no....nor do I care.

This has nothing to do with their players getting paid....this has everything to do with those teams personal wanting to stick it to the teams out here in Central and HNL.

canonball

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:07 pm

You got to get over this bs about people sh$$$ on the cats .this is all we have been hearing for years now .It is getting old now time to relax and watch a game when you get one . Do you think that there would be a league if it wasn’t for the east teams and yes it was the east teams that took the bous in . Do I think that some players are getting some sort of pay for playing ,yes I do it may not be the same as always or like. the flyers or GFW but there it something there . I don’t think th at it will fill their pockets after their trip out central . I also don’t think that either the flyers or the cats will have a game next year unless they can join the central league that is playing in that way

canonball

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:19 pm

thelionsden wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:31 am
Those Sanctions are good but they don't go far enough. Their are no chance of either of those teams going to the Herder this year or the next, so that is no sweat off there backs. I'd like to see those teams suspended for one year. Not the players, but the organization and those making the decisions.
What about two or three years ago when the season was cut short because Gander could not finished out the season ,did you want Gander to be kicked out of the league for that season and the following one ,no they worked out something to help our Gander and the other teams in the league . The rest of the regular season was canceled and the teams started the playoffs , now you want the heads of the caps /eagles exc.because they can’t make their games in GFW or Gander .I am glad that all teams agreed to do this because we were entertained with some good hockey .I am sure that those teams had every intention of playing their scheduled games but because of some reason they can’t make that commitment, so yes let’s put them before the firing squad. Boys get a life

Oh just a fan

Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Cannon the players/teams coming into GFW from the east are taking care of. That was the agreement. So don’t start with the players coming to Central and leaving with much less money in their pockets. The complete bull.

• Information