Playoffs!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
just watch
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Don't seem that long ago the same people shot the same s*** about the east teams would not get a look in when it came down to the Herder final . All it takes is hot goal tender and a puck under the net and let the crying begin.

titan

Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:40 pm

canonball wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm
canonball wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:22 pm
Heard that the team that comes out of the east are allowed to pick up 4 players from within their league . Meetings soon to hash it out
If so don’t count out the east team from winning the Herder
I don't like this, I'm a firm believer in playing your team. Having said this most that will cry foul here loved the idea when it involved the Allan Cio Teams. I think the team that comes out of the East has legitimate shot at winning the Herder anyway.

canonball

Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:30 pm

just watch wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:56 pm
Don't seem that long ago the same people shot the same s*** about the east teams would not get a look in when it came down to the Herder final . All it takes is hot goal tender and a puck under the net and let the crying begin.

Yes and we all know what happened to the team that was awarded the Herder that year ,I didn’t think that they played a game since ...looks good on them

Flyer24

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am

The Caribous with 4 good pickups would be a tough team to beat if they get the goaltending

Oh just a fan

Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:48 am

There's absoulty no reason an East team should be allowed to pick up anyone this year. In the years past it was due to the Central league having imports. They don't anymore. It'll be a farse if they're allowed to this year.
The Bous, Breakers and Blues are all competitive, if they pick up 4 players they will win no problem.

abc123

Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:31 pm

You don’t have much faith in the Central League with paid players if you say that with four pick ups they would win no problem! Afraid the Herder might not go to Central??

thelionsden

Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:43 pm

Here is a proposal I heard from someone this weekend and it made perfect sense:

If the 3rd place team in the east gets in the Herder final, they are eligible to pick up 2 players.
If the 2nd place team in the east gets in the Herder final, they are eligible to pick up 1 player.
if the 1st place team in the east gets in the Herder final, they will not be eligible to pick any players.

this made total sense to me. I hope the decision makers look at this sliding scale with eye open and see that this is a fair set up for both leagues.

Oh just a fan

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Afriad the herder won't come to central? I think you have that twisted, if anyone's afriad it's the east league. Hence why they need to add players

. And don't get on with this **** ohhhh the central teams are paying....... So are the east teams so give it a rest. And just say their not, why is that the central teams problem? Why do they always have to go up against pretty much a east all star team? Because they have some money? It's complete bull**** and you know it. Imagine if the roles were reversed the East teams would have nothing to do with it. That's like giving the Sens a pickup in the NHL, because they can't spend all their cap.

God damn townies will get their way again like they always do.
Last edited by Oh just a fan on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flyer24

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:12 pm

That makes too much sense, so it will be rejected for sure.

royalcat

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Don’t understand this!The east are paying players the same as the Central.Just because the two teams in the central are more organized and have great fund raisers they are going to be penalized!

• Information