The Hour of Decision

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Hockey Eyes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:17 pm

I think it was Billy Graham that used to say that ; " this is the hour of decision. " ..
The announcement on the number of strengthening players the east will be allowed, if any , in the Herder should be known within 72 hours. The decision isn't actually made. That will come in a conference call Monday night.
My guess would be three... That's enough ....anything more than that is too many.

royalcat

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:54 pm

Why should there be any players added,both leagues have paid players if the truth were known.

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:56 pm

royalcat wrote:
Why should there be any players added,both leagues have paid players if the truth were known.
The Caribous are not paying players, Show us your proof, You are assuming they are paying players, You dunno for sure do ya???
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

royalcat

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:08 pm

No don't have the facts . :oops:

canonball

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:21 pm

Without true facts you got sfa

royalcat

Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Cannon did Ivan already tell you that once you don't know what you are talking about? At least I admit it

The Bottom Line

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:19 pm

royalcat wrote:

......... And who needs proof when some of the players openly admit it. I wonder if the Bous will be kicked out like the Ceebee's were, or are there different rules for different teams....

Hockey Eyes

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:37 pm

The teams in the east aren't paid. That is how the league survives. It is just guys playing hockey. If they ARE paid why are so many St. John's players going to play hockey in Grand Falls? Do they just like the scenery.and fresh air?
There might be a few sticks on the go and a bit of equipment. in the east I would expect that if I were playing. Maybe a bit of meal money or gas money... but not salaries. This is an amateur league.. As for " some players are openly talking about it" Name the players who are openly talking about it . I don't know any. "

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Players from the East have been coming here since the mid 2000's. And they were paying players on the east then for sure. So what was the reasons then? Maybe they just came here cause the barns and the atmosphere was better. So why wouldn't they continue to come now if the east paid?

canonball

Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:03 pm

Not saying that ant player is getting paid for all I know I am not sure that the players in the central league is getting paid and to tell you the truth I don’t give a rats ass if they are . I do think that they should but I can not make it happen . If you say that the players are saying that they are getting paid then why don’t you name them or is it that you are like me just thinking that they do .If a player tells me that he is getting paid when he is not suppose to I would report them as it is not fair to the other players .. Have the balls and name them

• Information