Dirty Team ???

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:49 pm

Heard today that the flyers management have complained to Hnl about the dirty play of the Cataracts well that's the latest newfie joke lol.. To date the Cats have three players out with injuries , AJ was run into his net by a gander player before the playoffs and is still recovering from the injury . Bussey was checked from behind into the boards by a gander player received a concussion ( one of the most dangerous checks I have ever seen ) the gander player received a five minute major penalty and a two game suspension .. Meanwhile in sundays game Michael Hynes was slassed across the wrist bya gander player result a fractured wrist . The only injury that im aware of that the flyers have is Okeefeand he did that to himself when he took the late blindsided run at Lindstrom bounced off and hurt his own shoulder, these are the facts now who would you say is the dirty team? Meanwhile the Cats management don't complain they and the players take it for what it is and play through it .. stay tuned ..

Tomcod

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:47 pm

Oh I almost forgot flyers brought their own refree with them last Saturday night and he certainly did his best for them , thought I saw a flyers jersey on him lol.. stay tuned..

abc123

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Tomcod, I can’t believe anyone would ever think that the Cats were a dirty team!!! My glory, what are they thinking!

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

mrKofax

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 pm

Oh my God next thing all angels will be green!
Happy St. Patrick's Day

Tomcod

Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:18 pm

mrKofax wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:05 pm
Oh my God next thing all angels will be green!
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HaHa Green and drunk lol .. stay tuned ..

CCFAN-dbs

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 am

I didn’t see the hit on Bussey, didn’t watch the video that was posted of it but, reading the descriptions of some on it, it reminds of the hit by Short on the Corner Brook player 4 or 5 years ago. Just can’t think of his name now!

Wasn’t he taken off the ice on a stretcher? Didn’t he spend time in hospital? Now, my memory is a little fuzzy on those things BUT, I certainly remember some Cats fans coming on here and arguing that it looked worse than it was, that he turned just before Short checked him, etc. NOW, that it’s their own player who was hit, it’s a dirty hit.

So which is it? A dirty hit or a clean hit?
Go BOUS Go!

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am

I recall the hit you maybe talking about. It was a bang bang play, and as much as the player hit, who I also can't think of who it is, but I didn't think it was the Royals tho, he may have not helped the situation. But Short much like McCay they have to let up. You have a player in a bad position, no matter how he got there you still need to lay off a bit.

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 am

I want to say it was against the Caribous and down by the net by the canteen in the Joe Byrne. Or we could both be talking about a totally different play. Cause let's be honest here, Shorts been in a few questionable hitting situations over the years. Easy to get them confused.

Tomcod

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

CCFAN-dbs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 am
I didn’t see the hit on Bussey, didn’t watch the video that was posted of it but, reading the descriptions of some on it, it reminds of the hit by Short on the Corner Brook player 4 or 5 years ago. Just can’t think of his name now!

Wasn’t he taken off the ice on a stretcher? Didn’t he spend time in hospital? Now, my memory is a little fuzzy on those things BUT, I certainly remember some Cats fans coming on here and arguing that it looked worse than it was, that he turned just before Short checked him, etc. NOW, that it’s their own player who was hit, it’s a dirty hit.

So which is it? A dirty hit or a clean hit?

Two complete different hits , Short never cross checked the player from behind when he had the puck , they were both going for the puck .. In busseys case he had the puck and MaKay ran him from behind with a dirty crosscheck unlike the short hit McKay had plenty of time to hold up and he chose not too.. I would suggest that you check out the video of the hit before you come on here assuming the way it went down .. If the roles were reversed Bussey would be tarred and feathered by narrowminded people like yourself . unlike some other teams management the cataracts dont have a media blitz to ruin a hockey players career because they have something know as Class .. stay tuned ..

abc123

Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:15 pm

What about the Dale Sullivan hit? He put himself in a vulnerable position! What about Ryan Salvis? Oh yes.... I forgot... always different for the Cats!

• Information