AJ..... Top goalie

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
PurpleandGold
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Onelastgo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:03 pm
I dont know anything about faking injuries or anything about the CBS goalie but HNL suspended AJ for 5 games because he fought 6 WEEKS AGO.

I heard HNL told the cataracts about this on Friday at around 6pm.

HNL are a bunch of goons that try their best to ruin hockey in this province.

Can someone link me to the rules so I can find what rule gets a goalie a 5 game suspension for fighting once ?
From HNL website. Automatic suspensions in senior hockey. See point 7.7 on goalie fights ...

http://hockeynl.ca/wp-content/uploads/2 ... ment-1.pdf

Onelastgo

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Thanks ! Never knew that was a legit rule. Aj definitely did that. Just dont know why it took HNL 6 weeks to inform the cats.

srhockeyfan14

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm

Onelastgo wrote:
Thanks ! Never knew that was a legit rule. Aj definitely did that. Just dont know why it took HNL 6 weeks to inform the cats.
WOW! AJ a respectable goalie... pulling a stunt like that. Took himself out to play the playoffs - knowing the league would take out CBS goalie at a critical time -
speachless. Top goalie ? I dont think so... about as low as you can go.

Seniorfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:16 pm

srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Onelastgo wrote:
WOW! AJ a respectable goalie... pulling a stunt like that. Took himself out to play the playoffs - knowing the league would take out CBS goalie at a critical time -
I can only assume this is meant as sarcasm. Tough to tell in here sometimes.

srhockeyfan14

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:16 pm
srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Onelastgo wrote:
I can only assume this is meant as sarcasm. Tough to tell in here sometimes.
CBS goalie was told of the suspension on Friday... game 7.. didnt play - lost their place in playoffs.
Make a person wonder if the cats weren't already in the know. Interesting indeed.

Seniorfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm

If the Cats were "in the know" earlier AJ wouldn't have played after the fight and not have missed so many playoff games.
I'm told nobody knew of the suspensions prior to Friday evening an hour or so before the games (with the exception perhaps of the Flyers). Somebody brought the rule to the attention of HNL on Friday. The teams should have been Informed of the suspensions the day after the incident, not 6 weeks later in the middle of the playoffs. Lack of leadership. As a conspiracy theory, this has to be one of the silliest. AJ was legitimately injured... period. To suggest the injury was faked is to suggest the Cataracts intentionally sat him the first two games of the playoffs with the next two tenders not available, along with the next three so Stone could play, just so he'd be available for the Herder??? That makes absolutey ZERO sense. Time to move on.
Last edited by Seniorfan on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm

What's weird is AJ played after that fight. He did he injured in a game after that. How does HNL not let them know before his next scheduled game.?

Onelastgo

Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm

Same reason why HNL wont officially announce how many players the east can pick up. If the flyers won I believe they would have let the east play them as is or possibly with maybe 2 pick ups. Now that it's the cats they will add heavily to it. They want to see what team wins in the east and then add to it so they can beat the cats.

My guess is if cville wins , 3 players and a goalie.

If the shore wins 5 players

srhockeyfan14

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm
If the Cats were "in the know" earlier AJ wouldn't have played after the fight and not have missed so many playoff games.
I'm told nobody knew of the suspensions prior to Friday evening an hour or so before the games (with the exception perhaps of the Flyers). Somebody brought the rule to the attention of HNL on Friday. The teams should have been Informed of the suspensions the day after the incident, not 6 weeks later in the middle of the playoffs. Lack of leadership. As a conspiracy theory, this has to be one of the silliest. AJ was legitimately injured... period. To suggest the injury was faked is to suggest the Cataracts intentionally sat him the first two games of the playoffs with the next two tenders not available, along with the next three so Stone could play, just so he'd be available for the Herder??? That makes absolutey ZERO sense. Time to move on.
I agree it makes zero sense. But there's always some truth to everything we hear. .
I Dont understand your comment with flyers knowledge to this as it was the cats and blues who are involved and affected.
I heard this today .. I asked the question if anyone knows anything about this. Your response and final statement of " time to move on" makes me wonder if you know more about this and wants this talk to stop before something comes out in the wash.
If you are saying HNL had to be informed of the rule, we've got much bigger issues in this league than we can ever imagine.
Somethings up with this whole thing.
Last edited by srhockeyfan14 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

titan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Onelastgo wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:46 pm
Same reason why HNL wont officially announce how many players the east can pick up. If the flyers won I believe they would have let the east play them as is or possibly with maybe 2 pick ups. Now that it's the cats they will add heavily to it. They want to see what team wins in the east and then add to it so they can beat the cats.

My guess is if cville wins , 3 players and a goalie.

If the shore wins 5 players
Oh my, it's the whole world against the Cats cry again, I think I heard this somewhere before. HNL, the Flyers, the Bous, the East League and the list goes on

• Information