Who will win??

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
tincanfan
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:03 pm

Now the Cats have won their division and the fans are coming out of the woodwork and heaping praises galore on their team. That's all great but really laughable when they complain how dirty Gander was. The second dirtiest team of all time are the Cats. Second only to Deer Lake.
I will predict that the Cats will immediately go after top players on the opposing team. They cannot skate with either SS or Bous. The only way they can win is slow the oppositon down by whatever means. Thats what will happen and guys like the speedy Reids they will go after right from the start. Too bad that type of hockey exists but I guess its win at all costs.

wingsdiehard

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm

You’re on glue. This isn’t minor hockey, of course you’re going to check hard against the other teams best and skilled players lol. That’s like playing the penguins and saying ok boys let’s take it easy on Sid and malkin. I didn’t see Hynes or escott injured this series??! Escott took a big hit from bussey in game 1 but bounced back and never missed any time. This is body contact hockey bud and good on the cats for being a physical team. Turns out it beats the skill game in playoffs.

tincanfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:04 pm

wingsdiehard wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:15 pm
You’re on glue. This isn’t minor hockey, of course you’re going to check hard against the other teams best and skilled players lol. That’s like playing the penguins and saying ok boys let’s take it easy on Sid and malkin. I didn’t see Hynes or escott injured this series??! Escott took a big hit from bussey in game 1 but bounced back and never missed any time. This is body contact hockey bud and good on the cats for being a physical team. Turns out it beats the skill game in playoffs.
I didn't say physical I said "dirt" "intent to injure" and don't say you're angelic Cats haven't done that. Good clean checking is great but and I know that there are players on this team that just love to do the dirty work. i.e. Mr. Short.... That's my opinion gathered over many many years watching and playing hockey. Just wait and see injuries caused by the Cats,

Stadium Fries

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:13 pm

How many got injured on the Flyers this pass series by Cats player. No one.
How many got injured on the Cats team during the same series. Two.
What team took the Cats goalie out during the regular season. Right that was a Flyer too.
What team was the fastest skaters in the Cats vs Flyers series. Everyone agrees the Flyers. Who won that series. Good luck team from the East you will need it.

wingsdiehard

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:23 pm

I don’t think taking out Whiffen was on purpose. It’s hockey boys, relax, things get heated, tempers flare. It’s a physical game. Nobody on either side was seriously injured except M. Hynes but I didn’t see it and don’t think it was a result of intent to injure.

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:42 pm

Tincan, you suggest that the Cats can't keep up and or skate with the east. And that's fine that's your opinion but based on your opinion that the east teams are better, shouldn't the Cats get to pick up some players? Or at least the east not pick up any?

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Tincan, you suggest that the Cats can't keep up and or skate with the east. And that's fine that's your opinion but based on your opinion that the east teams are better, shouldn't the Cats get to pick up some players? Or at least the east not pick up any?
The Cats are do have a few players on their team that are considered dirty players when they wants to be but when they are not, They are good players
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

thelionsden

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm

I came to this post to see people's opinions on who will win, as that was the headline on the post. The only thing here is how dirty the cats are. Facts on the score sheet show different.

I said before this series started that experience will win this series, and it did. The Cataracts were able to execute there game plan for most of the series. I was not surprises to see the young flyers lose their composure in the 3rd period last night with 12 mins still on the clock and trying to start fights. They got goated into penalties by a more experienced team. Most of the players on the cats have 3 plus herders under there belt and a national championship. And the head coach had 4 Herders and an allan cup as an assistant coach.
EXPERIENCE DOES TILT THE SCALES.

royalcat

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:17 pm

Yes Mr Tincan if the Cat’s are so slow and the East is so fast why can’t they pick up players?As far as playing dirty the games against the Flyer’s were pretty physical.But now maybe when you played as you say there was no physical play.Flyers and Cat’s played pretty physical games.Their games were interesting.

tincanfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
My opinion is that NO Team should pick up players. Play with your team win or lose. Its your team,

• Information