SS Breakers @ bous Ecshl Final Game 1

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Stadium Fries
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am

tincanfan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:17 am
titan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 am
Not surprised by this outcome. If this series comes down to goaltending the Bous will be in trouble if Churchill is unavailable.
Whoever drew up the schedule made sure that Churchill isn't available. He works Mon thru Fri.
Games sun night then weds and Fri. How can he play with that schedule.
Last evening first period the Breakers couldn't skate with the Bous. In the break they switched sweaters because the reverse happened.
Tincan didn't Clarenville ask to leave the Central league and join the East league.
Many games in the East have been always scheduled during weekdays as the East unpaid players like weekends home with their families, at least that what you guys were saying all winter when these teams where suppose to come to Central for a single weekend each.
Just because Clarenville is still flying in players is no reason to accomodate the new team in the league.
You should be happy you had a couple of your regular goalies available for the series, unlike the Cats during their first two games against the Flyers.We could not even use our backup goalie unless Hurdle got injured. Imagine if HNL did that to the Caribous.

Onelastgo
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:15 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 am

thelionsden wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am
My question is, Do the SS Breakers always play on Wednesdays? I don't know the answer, which is the reason for asking. If so, you can't expect schedules to change because players aren't available. If they never played on Wednesdays, then I disagree with a game being played mid week.
In the first round of the playoffs against the blues they played game 3 on a Tuesday and game 6 on a Wednesday. So it doesn't look like this was a mean trick against Clarenville.

Stadium Fries
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:17 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:30 am

Onelastgo wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:27 am
thelionsden wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am
My question is, Do the SS Breakers always play on Wednesdays? I don't know the answer, which is the reason for asking. If so, you can't expect schedules to change because players aren't available. If they never played on Wednesdays, then I disagree with a game being played mid week.
In the first round of the playoffs against the blues they played game 3 on a Tuesday and game 6 on a Wednesday. So it doesn't look like this was a mean trick against Clarenville.

Exactly. That is the East coast schedule. Guess the Caribous never thought about that when the went East for hockey.

User avatar
canonball
Posts: 7923
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:21 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:49 am

Hey guys I am sure that Ivan can tell you all about the schedule but as some don’t know is that Ivan was most of Saturday morning if not all in talks with all person involve trying to work out a scheduale and this is the best they could come up .Guys the ice time is not available at all times there are other reasons why it is not .Text Ivan

CCFAN-dbs
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:03 pm

thelionsden wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:55 am
My question is, Do the SS Breakers always play on Wednesdays? I don't know the answer, which is the reason for asking. If so, you can't expect schedules to change because players aren't available. If they never played on Wednesdays, then I disagree with a game being played mid week.
During the regular season Southern Shore home games are Sunday nights.

My guess would be that during the playoffs it will depend on the availability of the rinks for the teams involved.
Go BOUS Go!

Tomcod
Posts: 5737
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:41 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Yes the Breakers always played their home games Sunday evenings .. Its my understanding that this year they changed their home games to Saturday but it didn't work out so they changed back to Sunday .. over the years I watched many a game up in Mobile especially when my youngest son won the Herder there .. stay tuned ..

leafsfan2028
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:18 pm

hey hockeyfan29 get out of here I well comment onwhatever I want and whenever I want

CCFAN-dbs
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:42 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Yes the Breakers always played their home games Sunday evenings .. Its my understanding that this year they changed their home games to Saturday but it didn't work out so they changed back to Sunday .. over the years I watched many a game up in Mobile especially when my youngest son won the Herder there .. stay tuned ..
Only 1 game was played on a Saturday in Mobile this season. That was the weekend the Flyers and the Cats played against them
Flyers on Saturday, cats on Sunday
Go BOUS Go!

Ivan
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:37 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Bous there's no conspiracy here against the Caribou's. We have 2 weeks to get 7 games in before the Herder starts. No conspiracy against Church. He don't work Monday to Friday, he works 2 weeks on. 1 week off, plus he is a union Rep for his job and has committments on his week off. He is away the weekends of the Herder (if we were to make it). Out of the 6 remaining weekend including this past weekend, he was avaliable for 1/6. And to whoever made the statement that we didn't know what we were getting in to, we certainly did. Nobody blindsiding anyone IMO. It's a schedule that's fair to both teams, based on the time that's avaliable to get it over with.

leafsfan2028
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:25 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

great post there ivan to bad church couldn't make more games but best of luck to you and the bous

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests