Bous Vs Breakers (Game 2 Updates)

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
dakota
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:45 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:37 pm
Dakota ,what kind of game did the Breakers play ...was it dump and chase ??

Exactly the game they played. Boys are frustrated, breakers clog up neutral zone...basically a trap, dump the puck in and go retrieve it. Like I said, hungrier and won just about every puck battle.

canonball

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 pm

sebring wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:42 pm
Just left the game. Bous are done IMO, simply can’t keep up. I know it has to be frustrating for bous fans and may look like effort is not there but it’s simple both the case. Kevin Reid’s speed has always shown but his speed looks very average in this series...breakers have 8-10 just as fast or faster then him. I’ve always loved Keith Delaney as a hockey play and is probably the most skilled local to play resent senior hockey but he simple can’t keep up, what a difference in him from last season.

Don’t want to jump the gun and only offering my opinion but this breakers team with the addition of Reid and Pender will give the cats all they can handle.

After the Christmas break this southern shore team really came together You could see the difference in them each game they played .I was asked last Saturday what my predictions were and I said that I was afraid of this team and although it is not over yet as there is a lot of hockey left . And yes if the SS wins this series I would pick up Reid and Pender as the two and if there is 3 pickups I think Earle would be great .this team would take GFW .i think that they would give them a good run without pickups .But guess what they are not pass the bous yet

Face off

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:05 am

Since the first time I seen them play the Bous and split that weekend at the EEC, I said this is a team to look out for. Since the Christmas Break they have come on strong and they are only getting better.

When the Breakers played the Blues I said then that I think the BOUS best chance of getting to another Herder Final is to face the BLUES because seen both teams play the BOUS and the Breakers are the more DANGEROUS team for our style of hockey.

Now in having said that, 2 Close Games that were basically one goal games because both games were 4-2 with empty netters means that both teams are able to beat the other, just depends on who has the Best Goaltending and Game Plan and as of now seems like the shore has the lead in both departments.

All comes down to Friday Night. It is do or die time for the BOUS and they Need the Win Friday night and even Sunday at mobile to get back into this thing because as of the way things are now, I dont see them taking the Shore 3 or 4 Straight games but stranger things have happened.

The Breakers play an aggressive in your face style of play where they look like a team full of REIDS, Fast and go hard for the puck battles everywhere and play 2 way hockey. They also clog up the Neutral zone by creating the TRAP not allowing the BOUS to get started to get out of their zone and then the Dump and Chase style of play..........The Bous will need to change their Game Plan for the next game or chances are History will repeat itself...........I was expecting this series to go to 6 or 7 games for really didnt know who, Still hoping it goes deep to decide the winner.

Face off

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:08 am

Dont know if Kennedy and Mahoney were at last nights game but BOUS could certainly use them in their line up right now, Kennedy works like a dog and aggressive and Mahoney has the skill set to open up space and make plays.

royalcat

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:13 am

Yes the Breakers have the Speed and the desire to win.They also have the Smart Coaching that is playing their style of game,they have a game plan and are sticking with it.From what I have been told Pender and Reid are going to be the Breakers pick ups so this will be a strong team against the Cat’s.

Hockey Eyes

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:03 am

this is part of a post from mefrom elsewhere before the series started.. ( Sunday morning). I haven't changed my mind about anything except the Breakers are out to a really quick start..
________________________________________________________________________________________________

" I know the Breakers well and they will give the Caribous a game. Young and fast are great qualities. They also have a marvellous goaltender. Amid all the talk of AJ this and AJ that and the others...this guy Yetman can play. He is a student of the game stopping the puck and sending it somewhere are two sides of the same coin.
I would pick Clarenville to win the series. . but .... they have a problem with the calendar....some of their best players have a " best before date" that will be tested. If I was the Breakers I would be throwing the puck in and making the defense skate all night long. I would forecheck two most of the time and always finish the check.
Clarenville are very skilled through half the lineup. That might be enough ... and it might not and that's what hockey is all about ...For the Clarenville fans who haven't seen Mark Yetman play goal or Oates and Nicholas play together....come on and go to the games...These are the two best teams on the east coast. ..."

tincanfan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Earlier after seeing the Blues and SS in action, I concluded that either of those teams could win the Herder. Now after the two games with the Bous I can gloat a bit to my buddy. The sad part is that the rink in Clarenville will have only die-hard fans attending the next game.
Ten years ago those East teams were a push-over for the Central League. That is not so today. One person told me before the series started he had no interest in attending "blow out " games. I tried to convince him this was not the case anymore.
I am a Bou fan and I certainly like this brand off hockey. The "goon" hockey is left in Central. Now that should wake up the Cat fans. Can't wait for the SS skate circles around the Cats. Man that will get the Cats snarling, and scratching as they try to slow down their prey.
Have I written off the Bous, not really, but have to face reality.

titan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:51 pm

tincanfan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:13 pm
Earlier after seeing the Blues and SS in action, I concluded that either of those teams could win the Herder. Now after the two games with the Bous I can gloat a bit to my buddy. The sad part is that the rink in Clarenville will have only die-hard fans attending the next game.
Ten years ago those East teams were a push-over for the Central League. That is not so today. One person told me before the series started he had no interest in attending "blow out " games. I tried to convince him this was not the case anymore.
I am a Bou fan and I certainly like this brand off hockey. The "goon" hockey is left in Central. Now that should wake up the Cat fans. Can't wait for the SS skate circles around the Cats. Man that will get the Cats snarling, and scratching as they try to slow down their prey.
Have I written off the Bous, not really, but have to face reality.
I've said from the time the Breakers were in Gander that this team was gonna be a force to be reckoned with. A lot of people didn't pay much attention to them but I could see the way they payed attention to detail that they are a very well coached team and there goaltending is 2nd to none. The Bous are not done yet but they will certainly have to adjust their play to move on past this series.

Are the pickup players only allowed to come from the east league? I'm not a fan of the adding of players but like everyone said about the Allan Cup, those are the rules so we may as well take advantage of them.

royalcat

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:22 pm

I guess pick ups would have to come from the east cause central players are paid players..I figured that the Flyer’s were the team to beat this year but I was wrong.From the last few games I saw the Breakers play I don’t think they can be stopped.Like you said fast but a well coached team.

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm

So we're all suggesting the Breakers should skake circles around the Cats then wheres the need for pickups? Jesus is it that obvious that HNL can't do anything fair.

As for TinCans statement that the goon hockey is over and it's time for the fans of central to take notice, what exactly do you mean? Like in regarding the goon style is a dying breed? Or that playing that style won't win against the Breakers?

I ask cause first things first the goon hockey or the fact that there seemed to be some hatred this season amongst the teams is what made this season watchable. Or secondly if you meant it in a way that this style won't help against the Breakers then remember people said the same thing about the Cats being slow and goons against the Flyers and we'll look how that played out.

• Information