Herder site

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
AEfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:25 pm
Great point 24, if I was running the Shore I'd defiantly play in Mobile. Yes the Jack Byrne can hold more, but will they fill it? Prob not but they will fill the rink in SS.
It’s not the Breakers call on where the games are played apparently. HNL won’t allow them to play their games in mobile is the word as Jack Byrne Arena will generate a few more bucks

Oh just a fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:17 pm

But that's the thing, it won't make more money. Sure it could sit more and it's easier for fans in St Johns to make it there to watch the game. But as everyone from the east has said all year, fans out there don't care about Sr. hockey. So why would they go watch a team from SS and GFW play? I'm sure there will be a fair size crowd there however but no more than there would be in Mobile.

And I know it's HNL's call, it don't surprise me one bit that they make decisions based on money out there. HNL wants to make money and they want it all. Hence why no team out there can pay players. They have to pay The big boys club out there first. You watch all the HNL executive will be there in full force and wearing their Blazers. All expenses paid too btw. It boggles my mind that the east can't pay players but the guys running the leagues are all lining their pockets.

Tomcod

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 pm

titan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:04 pm
Flyer24 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
Playing in Torbay is an advantage for the Cats. NOBODY likes playing in Mobile unless you are playing with the Breakers. Hostile environment to say the least lol.
They should play in Mobile. The Joe is not that friendly if you let a few bother you, I've never had an issue there myself but plenty have and refuse to go there.

I have yet to see a goon who was kicked out of a game go up in the stands after a fan in the Joe like i saw happen in Gander .. ive never had an issue out there either .. stay tuned ..

titan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Stay on topic here Tommy Cod, it's not about one idiot who was swiftly dealt with by the team. Mobile sounds like an unfriendly environment for players and possibly fans on the opposing team. Many say the Joe is the same.

Sounds like maybe the Cats caught a break...or were given one...

Stadium Fries

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:47 pm

titan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:04 pm
Flyer24 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:16 am
Playing in Torbay is an advantage for the Cats. NOBODY likes playing in Mobile unless you are playing with the Breakers. Hostile environment to say the least lol.
They should play in Mobile. The Joe is not that friendly if you let a few bother you, I've never had an issue there myself but plenty have and refuse to go there.
So Titan you brought up about fans refusing to go to the Joe and Tomcod brings up about Gander being an issue and you say stay on topic. You brought up the topic so comments on your topic will come forward.
Titan there were lots of Flyers fans at the Joe last weekend actually most I ever saw. So as usual you are spewing lies as usual. Time for you to sign off. Your team choaked as they always do. As for your comments about Cats players why dont you look at the sin bin minutes tallied up by McKay and Hedges this past year. Brutal. Now that shows you who the dirty players are and they dont wear a Cats Jersey.

just watch

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:38 pm

So the Eagles fails to make it again , but have no fear we'll have the Herder finals in their barn . Surprise /// Surprise

Tomcod

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:15 am

titan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Stay on topic here Tommy Cod, it's not about one idiot who was swiftly dealt with by the team. Mobile sounds like an unfriendly environment for players and possibly fans on the opposing team. Many say the Joe is the same.

Sounds like maybe the Cats caught a break...or were given one...
[/quote

Should have dealt with the idiots that payed him to play for the Flyers .. It wasn't dealt with fast enough that poor kid is still shaking .. stay tuned ..

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Went early to get my ticket and pick a good seat. It’s general admission. Now have to show up to the games about 4 hours ahead to get a sensible spot. They’d f*** up a charity bingo game.

goboosgo

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:52 pm

123 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:47 pm
Went early to get my ticket and pick a good seat. It’s general admission. Now have to show up to the games about 4 hours ahead to get a sensible spot. They’d f*** up a charity bingo game.
Jackie and his loyal followers won't have to go early to get a seat, they'll all be seated front and center. That is also a terrible rink to get out of after the game, bring lots of patience.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:12 pm

I know all too well. Been to many events there. Hopefully they’ll have the RNC at the intersection directing the traffic. On nights like herder night, we will park one of our cars on the lot near the exit very early in the day and then get dropped off. It’ll save about 90 minutes trying to get off.

• Information