Bous @ SS Breakers Ecshl Final Game 4

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
herder head

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 pm

Hats off to the Breakers. Even though the CeeBees and the shore have been rivals for years, I have always admired how they played and how they ran things. For the last game played at the old Hr. Grace stadium the Breakers alumni team agreed to come to town and play the CeeBees alumni in a charity game to raise money for displaced Bay de Verde crab plant workers after the plant burned down. Maybe the CBN-Shore rivalry will be renewed next year. Good luck against the Cats!

Only saw one game of this series but it looked like many of the Bous are past their prime.

titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:51 pm

herder head wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:44 pm
Hats off to the Breakers. Even though the CeeBees and the shore have been rivals for years, I have always admired how they played and how they ran things. For the last game played at the old Hr. Grace stadium the Breakers alumni team agreed to come to town and play the CeeBees alumni in a charity game to raise money for displaced Bay de Verde crab plant workers after the plant burned down. Maybe the CBN-Shore rivalry will be renewed next year. Good luck against the Cats!

Only saw one game of this series but it looked like many of the Bous are past their prime.
I think and hope you will see your Ceebees back on the ice next year Herder Head

canonball

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 am

Yes head they done us well ,we did have some good hockey this year and of coarse over the years and I hope that it continues .I do think that if we had that goaltending that could make some of the big saves like what Yetman ,Churchill and AJ had done we might be still playing .Whiffen just wasn’t there for that this year ,good at times but just wasn’t enough.Also when you lose Rosie , Mahoney ,Delaney Roach,and Churchill it is hard to overcome . But let’s be thankful for the year we had and see everyone back next year ..Now Breakers lets win the Herder

tincanfan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:58 am

You are spot on Canonball. It WILL be nice to see the Breakers beat the "Braggarts" from central. You won't shut them up - even if the lose they will be crying about how unfair the league is to them.
Its nice to see that the kid with the foul mouth is gone. Guess his mommy caught him in the act.
Just love the Bous playing in the East league.

Oh just a fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am

Why tincanfan, do you think it's one bit fair that the east winners get to add players and the central ones don't?

Tomcod

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am

tincanfan wrote:
You are spot on Canonball. It WILL be nice to see the Breakers beat the "Braggarts" from central. You won't shut them up - even if the lose they will be crying about how unfair the league is to them.
Its nice to see that the kid with the foul mouth is gone. Guess his mommy caught him in the act.

Didnt take long for you guys to throw young WhIffen under the bus .. If memoryserves me right didnt whiffen win first place for you guys during the regular season with a short bench on most nights .. Seems like Churchill couldnt get the job done either .. stay tuned ..

Breakersfan2019

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:22 am

Tomcod wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am
tincanfan wrote:

Didnt take long for you guys to throw young WhIffen under the bus .. If memoryserves me right didnt whiffen win first place for you guys during the regular season with a short bench on most nights .. Seems like Churchill couldnt get the job done either .. stay tuned ..
Kind of like what the Cats did to Whiffen at the Allan Cup a few years ago?

canonball

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm

No didn’t throw Whiffen under the bus at all he just didn’t make the big saves when needed Game 1 ,two soft goals ,Game 2 two soft goals letting out rebound after rebound and game 3 two goals went in off his back .To me it looked like he was nervous all games ,fighting the puck .Now yes he did play some good games for the bous but this playoff it was just not there .By the way what happened to A J last year didn’t someone say that he didn’t show the same interest in the games as before and didn’t Tyler outplay him .He stormed off the ice and didn’t even shake anyone’s hand .

Breakersfan2019

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:19 pm
No didn’t throw Whiffen under the bus at all he just didn’t make the big saves when needed Game 1 ,two soft goals ,Game 2 two soft goals letting out rebound after rebound and game 3 two goals went in off his back .To me it looked like he was nervous all games ,fighting the puck .Now yes he did play some good games for the bous but this playoff it was just not there .By the way what happened to A J last year didn’t someone say that he didn’t show the same interest in the games as before and didn’t Tyler outplay him .He stormed off the ice and didn’t even shake anyone’s hand .
AJ would rather be playing in CBN if they still had a team. Two local home grown goalies and neither one of them want to play with the hometown team 🤔

Breakersfan2019

Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:10 am
Why tincanfan, do you think it's one bit fair that the east winners get to add players and the central ones don't?
Of course it’s fair because the central teams are paying players.

• Information