Bous @ SS Breakers Ecshl Final Game 4

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
canonball
What colour is a puck?: black

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm

What is it innocent until proven guilty ,or do we go your way the guy down the street told me that while he was talking to a bunch of guys one of them said that he was told by someone that the players were getting paid ...I think something should be done about that team/s.....PROOF

Oh just a fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:54 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Tomcod wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:15 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:26 pm
I know for a fact they paid Tyler Whiffen this year.

You know now Fan that the east league dont pay their players , sure just ask Hockey Lies lol .. stay tuned ..
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

If the east were paying players wouldn't the league be reduced to just two teams each playing each other in a best of 20 season before a diminishing fan base? Isn't that how it works. ?

Look another post by you about how the central league is slowing down. I bet that makes you happy don't it? I bet you get the willies all over just thinking about it. You've jumped on the Caps bandwagon last season. So far this season you've cheered for the Eagles then Blues and now Breakers. Anyone on the east I spose.

The east wants it all and will do whatever they can to make sure their league is the best one on the island. They've been trying their best to shut down this league. They even go on lying about how the east isn't paid so they can justify the picking up of players.

Oh just a fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:56 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm
What is it innocent until proven guilty ,or do we go your way the guy down the street told me that while he was talking to a bunch of guys one of them said that he was told by someone that the players were getting paid ...I think something should be done about that team/s.....PROOF
Come on Cannon show me proof they aren't paid. So cause someone down the street said to this guy who told this guy that they aren't. Come on man PROOF!!!

royalcat

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:08 pm

Don't kid yourself Cannon balls knows More than he leads on.Just don't want to upset friends.It cost money to Bring Churchill in for one game as I said earlier Whiffen could of done the same thing last night for half the cost if he was only making 500 a game as someone said.. True or false I couldn't say

tincanfan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm

royalcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 pm
Yes I don’t understand why they would even want to pick up any players?They have a fast and solid team there now.If they pick up players who has to sit out?The guys that got them to the Herder?They have a team that can beat the Cats now but depends on if they can keep playing their style of hockey.Cats are older but can hit and have experience.Watched the can Friday night and from the actions on both benches the Breakers were playing as a team.Bous looked like they were at odds with each other as they came to the bench.As far as paying players what do you think it cost the Bous to fly in Churchill and pocket “change” to do the exact same as Whiffen would have done?Don’t think Breakers need pick ups.Pender will be a liability one fight and he is gone so you lose a D man Cat’s have players that are willing to go with him that won’t be missed.Think Breakers Coaching is smarter than that.
Thanks royalcat you just admitted what I have been saying about the cats. Take a player out by any means. The one they send after him better have his running shoes on, You can be sure your "tough guys" don't have the guts to do it.
There must be something in the central water to give Oh just a fan the intelligence he has,
Imagine he knows all the facts, him and him alone. Wish he would back things up.
As for pick ups we must consider that the Breakers are not paid so they may not [because of committments and work] be able to travel. This is why its great to have extra players. Cats could do the same but who would want to play with them. just kidding Tomcod.

Oh just a fan

Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:52 pm

Tincanfan you want me to stay who my sources are and it'll be nice to back them up. Just remember this post when I'm proven right. A few years back I said the same thing about AJ. And was I wrong? Also the Caps pay players too. Trust me I know. I'm not saying I know all or I've never been wrong before. But I've also been right before so just wait.

Tomcod

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:54 pm

No hockey lies they were reduced to three teams this year because the two teams inside the overpass were barred from playing for the herder.. stay tuned ..

canonball

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:59 am

royalcat wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Don't kid yourself Cannon balls knows More than he leads on.Just don't want to upset friends.It cost money to Bring Churchill in for one game as I said earlier Whiffen could of done the same thing last night for half the cost if he was only making 500 a game as someone said.. True or false I couldn't say
Perhaps he could have done just as good ,but did Church let in any soft goals and to come in a game like that is a hard thing to do .Like I said from the start of this series ,goaltending would be the key to whoever wins and I know that the Shore got it but we didn’t.Grats to the Shore for their win and I hope that they go all the way .I think that the shore can win the Herder with some pickups .If there is to be a senior league next year I don’t think that the east teams will need pickups it will be the other way around if there is another league

The Bottom Line

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 am

up the bay wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:41 pm
.... it seems no one wants to answer bottom line's question (he has asked it before too), is it because no one wants to admit there is indeed different rules for different teams?

.......a couple of years ago rumours that ceebees were " looking after " a player was enough to get them booted out, anyone foolish enough to believe that pender, delaney, and a few more bous were not getting paid this year even though they were playing in the "amateur" east league?

It will be proven again that there's different rules for different teams. This is the same situation as the Ceebee's . No proof was given, just rumors. I have no issue with paying players. I just want to see all teams treated equally. Next year the Cats and Flyers should just say that there not paying anyone, and keep it quiet. All can suspect, but no "proof" will ever be found.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:03 am

Mr. or Ms. Bottom Line ...

If you are a CeeBees fan you may know the reason the CeeBees were chucked out was not just paying players.There was another issue much more important to the other teams in the league. It was " the gate". How many people attended the games ....THAT is what got the other teams up in arms.

• Information