Breakers Pickups

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
royalcat
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:50 pm

The Cat's have come further than I thought they would this year.So win or lose they had a good season.Sorry to hear that the Bous we're out played and Coach this year against the Breaker's.Yoy could see a difference in the two benches.as players were coming off and on the ice.Breakers were playing as a team Cat's will do their best against the faster Breaker's.Looking forward to watching a few of the games.Cannonballs I guess you will be home with your Cat's shirt on with #44 on But I won't tell

The Bottom Line

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:13 pm

Seems like the only ones whining and complaining here are some of the fans of the other teams. I think everyone's expecting something from HNL, there's always something. There's no imports anymore, but they still feel a need to give the Breaker more players. I wouldn't be surprised if HNL hand picks refs from the east and make the Cat's pay for it along with any cost of travel for the Breakers. Hope it's a great series tho.

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Breakersfan2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm
No one outside of GFW cares if it’s 0 or 10 pick ups, and they’re going to complain about it no matter what the outcome is. Same as no one outside of GFW wants to see the Cataracts buy another Herder. Go Breakers Go!
You might be right in people not from GFW cheering for the Shore, but I bet it's solely on the fact that they've won before and everyone likes an underdog. So don't get the two confused.

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:20 pm

titan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:07 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Wait for the Cats fans to complain. I'm pretty sure the Flyers fans would too. Then again we'd never know seeming how they can't seem to make it there.
Meh, I'd hope they'd go as is, win or lose. Just how I feel. You got no worries if the Cats could pick up a few they'd grab them and dump some of their regulars in a heartbeat.
Your probably right when you say this as the Cats have done it before. But at the Allan Cup level, which everyteam has done it. The Caribous and Cee Bees done it as well. As have the mainland teams.

I also bet Gander would do it too.

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:23 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am
Any official word yet on how many pickups the Breakers are allowed for the Herder series or of they've said who the pickups will be? Just fun, who would you select of you were the Breakers and could choose any two players from the ECSHL (that's the number I've been hearing the most). Some people have suggested Pender and Kevin Reid. I also saw a suggestion of Terry Ryan. Any other names? Tyler Adams of the Blues comes to mind. Good skater, can score and doesn't seem to mind the rough stuff. (Please don't hijack this discussion by getting into why they should be allowed pickups or any talk of paid vs unpaid players. That's been beat to death already. )
Didn't really last that long before it was hijacked eh?

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:24 pm

royalcat wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:50 pm
The Cat's have come further than I thought they would this year.So win or lose they had a good season.Sorry to hear that the Bous we're out played and Coach this year against the Breaker's.Yoy could see a difference in the two benches.as players were coming off and on the ice.Breakers were playing as a team Cat's will do their best against the faster Breaker's.Looking forward to watching a few of the games.Cannonballs I guess you will be home with your Cat's shirt on with #44 on But I won't tell

I wonder if Cannon wants it autographed? If so Dex let me know, I'll get him to sign it for ya the weekend when I sees him.

titan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:00 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:20 pm
titan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:07 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:25 pm
Wait for the Cats fans to complain. I'm pretty sure the Flyers fans would too. Then again we'd never know seeming how they can't seem to make it there.
Meh, I'd hope they'd go as is, win or lose. Just how I feel. You got no worries if the Cats could pick up a few they'd grab them and dump some of their regulars in a heartbeat.
Your probably right when you say this as the Cats have done it before. But at the Allan Cup level, which everyteam has done it. The Caribous and Cee Bees done it as well. As have the mainland teams.

I also bet Gander would do it too.
They probably would, I still wouldn't like it, Allan Cup, Herder or a game of pond hockey it wouldn't matter to me. Play what got you there but as most said that's the rules so why not take advantage of them?

titan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 am
Would Druken be a good pickup? I mean I knows he's older and slower, but there's not many more meaner D out there than him.
Pender is a no brainier, Druken may be old and slow but there is some merit to having a guy like that and throwing him out there for the scattered shift. Slow doesn't necessarily hurt much when you are playing the style of hockey that the Cats are playing this year, tough and grinding. I guess it depends on how a team feel they stack up against the other teams style of play.

abc123

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:11 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:18 pm
Breakersfan2019 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:46 pm
No one outside of GFW cares if it’s 0 or 10 pick ups, and they’re going to complain about it no matter what the outcome is. Same as no one outside of GFW wants to see the Cataracts buy another Herder. Go Breakers Go!
You might be right in people not from GFW cheering for the Shore, but I bet it's solely on the fact that they've won before and everyone likes an underdog. So don't get the two confused.
Got nothing to do with underdogs for me! I’d cheer for the Montreal Canadians before I would cheer for the CATS, and that’s saying something! Go Breakers Go!

Oh just a fan

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Titan I agree with you on both posts. One I wouldn't want to pick up anyone either. And I don't think one bit less of SS if they do, it's the fact that they are allowed to, that don't make sense to me.

Also you're correct with someone like Druken to be a pickup due to the way the Cats play. I'd do it to.

And 123 if you'd cheer for the Habs then I can't even take you serious hahaha. But all jokes aside I get why you probably don't want the Cats to win, some fans would make that decision for you. Same as me last year wanting the Caps to win. Caribous fans even thought their passionate, I find most don't have a clue. But I'd cheer for Gander if they were in the Herder and that's saying something. I grew up hating Gander (rivals) Just because the fans out east, most of you drive me crazy. Nowwwww I'll never cheer for the Caribous. Can't do it, don't care if they're playing the Habs, Id still cheer for the Habs.

• Information