HNL and Southern Shore pickups!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
santana500
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 pm

The Breakers are allowed 4 pickups no fault of their own. HNL created this mess in the first place. Yes, the imports had to go and we will play with all local players that was the resolution. Fine and dandy if you live on East Coast just a few minutes from arenas. Central have no choice to pay something to players even locals as they are out East also. HNL has made a 2 tier hockey league putting the screws to Central again. Why should a team get 4 pickups on the back of teams who have no choice but pay to be competitive? No one is going to come to Gander or Grand Falls-Windsor for free giving up their whole weekend. Hockey Newfoundland had the choice of playing fair but once again proved where they want the Herder lifted.

Breakersfan2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:13 pm

santana500 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 pm
The Breakers are allowed 4 pickups no fault of their own. HNL created this mess in the first place. Yes, the imports had to go and we will play with all local players that was the resolution. Fine and dandy if you live on East Coast just a few minutes from arenas. Central have no choice to pay something to players even locals as they are out East also. HNL has made a 2 tier hockey league putting the screws to Central again. Why should a team get 4 pickups on the back of teams who have no choice but pay to be competitive? No one is going to come to Gander or Grand Falls-Windsor for free giving up their whole weekend. Hockey Newfoundland had the choice of playing fair but once again proved where they want the Herder lifted.
In today’s episode of GFW vs the world.... 🙄

royalcat

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:31 pm

It is what it is now.HNL are trying their best to screw over the players again.I am sure the CAT’S will give it their best.

leafsfan2028

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm

im not a cats fan or a fan of any team I just watch there games because it is broadcasted I agree the team from the east have there team together all year and when they make it to the herder they get pick ups which I disagree with maybe I should make a post like you breakersfan19 and say how dirty of a team the southern shore breakers are

Breakersfan2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:58 pm

leafsfan2028 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:33 pm
im not a cats fan or a fan of any team I just watch there games because it is broadcasted I agree the team from the east have there team together all year and when they make it to the herder they get pick ups which I disagree with maybe I should make a post like you breakersfan19 and say how dirty of a team the southern shore breakers are
That would be a lie.

leafsfan2028

Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:11 pm

not really I seen them play a few games this year

Breakersfan2019

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:43 pm

leafsfan2028 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:11 pm
not really I seen them play a few games this year
I doubt that anyone who watched this team a few games this year would honestly call them dirty. You’re just being petty now.

Oh just a fan

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:59 am

I've seen them play once, and I wouldn't call them dirty, but I do recall saying I hope to see them play again because it's intense and chippy. My point is, is that they are no better or worse than the Cats when it comes to the extra stuff after the whistle. But they will need to bring that every game too.

Fivestar

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 am

I am just hearing the admission for the finals is 20 for adults and 10 for children.Can anybody confirm this because if thats true thats a big blow for attendance and attendance has been terrible all though the playoffs everywhere.This just puts the hockey scene father behind. Anybody with children hasn't got a chance.

Breakersfan2019

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:44 am

Fivestar wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 am
I am just hearing the admission for the finals is 20 for adults and 10 for children.Can anybody confirm this because if thats true thats a big blow for attendance and attendance has been terrible all though the playoffs everywhere.This just puts the hockey scene father behind. Anybody with children hasn't got a chance.
You are correct.

• Information